Non-Factory Center Console Options?

-

63valiant

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I'm putting Sebring seats in my '63, posted this question on another forum thought I'd put it here to as well, hoping to get some answers. Thanks for any input!

63Valiant said:
Another thought for this subject, when upgrading a bench seat car to the buckets we'll now have the ability to install a center console.

Obviously doesn't have to be a factory one, in fact there are some newer cars with some nice consoles with storage compartments, cup holders, power supplies, etc that would be pretty desirable.

Anyone have an experience/insight on adapting any particular console to an early-A?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Just fab one up out of some light wood, carpet it or fiberglass it for a smooth look and put whatever you want in it. I plan on doin this in the near future to my 72 Scamp

There were threads here with scaled drawings for homemade consoles.
Search might find. If not I think I have the drawings archived here somewhere.
I think that route would be easier than trying to find a donor console that will fit.
A 2011 Caliber console with its lighted cup holders, etc.. was what I wanted but it wouldn't fit without a lot of butchering.

Ian, when I 1st saw the console unfinished, I was thinking BULKY....now with it in the car, that looks awesome!! Nice work!
Got any shots in the back??

4spd,

Thanks. I think it is the raw wood that makes it look too large.

The picture that you would like, is it from the back looking front ?

Ian.

I built one very similar to Grassy's console for my 65 Comet. Couldn't find a factory style that would work and have everything I wanted. Now I have a storage bin, home for a stereo, and cup holders!. You can get them froma boat supply.

A lot of good ideas there, thanks everyone! :thumleft:

Those DIY ones look really sharp, I may go that route if I can coax my inner carpenter out.

-
Back