Non-OE Tail Light replacements

-

vernk

Reaction score
Picked up my 63 Dart 270 2 days ago...for free :)

well, on the way home it seems he left tail light decided to jump ship. I don't plan on OE restoring this car....it is pretty hurt on the outside. I also don't want to pay 100-300 for the OE lens. The questions is, has anyone fitted Non-OE style lights? Generic round lights maybe? I'd be interested in pictures if any exist.

Thanks!
Vern

Ill see if i can get a pic of mine. They are just round lenses from a semi with three hole drilled in them for mounting. They work great and dont look bad at all.

This is the best i can get battery is dying on my phone ill charge it and take one in the morning.

20170608_214839.jpg

My buckets are a little dinged and dirty along with the bumper a deck lid but hell they light up great for a driver.

Hmm, this is great! however, my lights look different. forgive my ignorance. my dart is a 63, the hood says GT, the inside emblem says 270. i have a slant 6 although i've no idea which it is 170 or 225. what model do i have?? :) does this change what my lights look like?

i went to harbor freight today and almost bough a couple 4" round led lights. my mounts are 5-6" round roughly. i'll look for lights that size i guess. I'm also thinking i could design something and 3d print a mount for the 4" or whatever size lights i find. that would help greatly w/ the angle of the tail light mount as it is now.

thanks for the pics!!
v

20170609_095118.jpg

20170609_095142.jpg

Mine is also if you take the red lens off thats what i mounted them to but it looks like you are missing the whole assembly.

-
Back