Non Participation

-

fastmopar

fastmopar06
Reaction score
I get the "we miss you" emails about every month.

Of all the 60 - 80's Mopars, I like A bodies best. I will always be an A body MOPAR guy.

Recently I have been trying to get a business going, and have been dealing with my Modern MOPAR vehicle problems.

Bought a used 05 Magnum RT that no one knew had been hit pretty hard in the right front. I have driven it about three days in the last three months while the Dealer tried to get the front suspension straightened out.
No success. So the General Manager and I came to an agreement. I'm now driving an 06 300c SRT8.

Still trying to build a business and still tinkering with my 72 Dart. If things don't come together soon I may have to give up the Dart.

Anyway, as time permits I'll be back on the forum.

fastmopar

Congrats on the SRT!!!! Hopefully you can keep 'em both, best of luck w/ the biz!

fastmopar, as a small biz owner myself, I can relate. Times are tough for everyone right now but it seems to hit us the hardest. (I've been writing collection emails for a couple days now.)

Hope you enjoy the temporary SRT and can get things going with your business quickly! We're here pulling for you in absentia while you get on your feet. :-D

It has been slow all over. I help my dad run his feed store and we have been hit realy hard but are hanging in there. Good luck to you. I hope you get to keep you car.

I am new to the ownership of a classic Dodge, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, and I understand that things are very hard for vendors right now. The problem that I see is that the prices are way too high for the average person to fix up their cars. It has become a rich persons hobby. When the economy goes bad, prices usually fall, however, I have not seen much of a difference in the classic car part prices. For example, on Ebay, a vendor is selling a 1964 Dodge Dart GT hood emblem for $495.00, another vendor is selling a set of reproduction headlight bezels for $289.00. My car is not a Hemi Cuda that will allow me to turn a huge profit on this car. I do not want to sound like a whiner, but the prices need to be more realistic in relation to the the car being restored.

I am new to the ownership of a classic Dodge, 1964 Dodge Dart GT, and I understand that things are very hard for vendors right now. The problem that I see is that the prices are way to high for the average person to fix up their cars. It has become a rich persons hobby. When the economy goes bad, prices usually fall, however, I have not seen much of a difference in the classic car part prices. For example, on ebay, a vendor is selling a 1964 Dodge Dart GT hood emblem for $495.00 another vendor is selling a set of reproduction headlight bezels for $289.00. My car is not a Hemi Cuda that will allow me to turn a huge profit on this car. I do not want to sound like a whiner, but the prices need to be more realistic in relation the the car being restored.

I think it's tough for everyone. We average people just don't have a lot of disposable income to spend on cars. That's one great thing about having a forum like this one...it has kept me on the road...with driver-quality parts. Old carpet, tired engine and hard seats....I can still enjoy my car that way. The vendors will always charge high prices for perfect, new or reproduction parts.

Sorry to hi-jack Fastmopar...good luck with your business and your Dart.

Concentrate on your business! 20 years ago I sold all of my toys and put all of my energy into my work , it has paid off hundreds of times over.

Put the Dart away and concentrate on the business, I too am a small business owner. I put the Mustang GT away in '95, sold the Harley and opened my business...since have added a 65 Dart GT vert that I am restoring, have the Mustang back on the road and could go buy another Harley if I wanted to. The Dart will wait, the business can't.

Dave

-
Back