Nope of the day

-
I was getting heebie jeebies 2 minutes in.....damn
are-you-out-5c5b21.jpg

Not for $1,000 an hour
The Mackinac Bridge Authority is hiring its next steeplejack. Want this to be your office? $20.40 - $31.08/hr.

View attachment 1716303726
We were returning from a summer in Manitoba long ago, early October I think it was. Parents decided to head east for the Great lakes rather than straight back to SoCal. '66 Ranchero with a 12 or 13' travel trailer in tow. We get to the Mackinac Bridge toll booth. "I'll send the bus for you. I want you to stay in the lane next to it on it's left side to keep the wind from blowing you off the bridge" says the toll booth operator :eek: :realcrazy::lol:

Last edited:
Used to cross that bridge about once a week and walked across it twice. They say is sways 7 feet during some winds.
I was operating the temporary manlift on
1726494290290.png

the big red tower there in the middle at SLC 6 at Vandenberg SFB while it was still under construction. One day a whole mess of USAF brass shows up "Take us to the top." Everybody gets in and off we go, no worries. At the top landing a lady Captain remains on the landing with a concerned look on her face :wtf: rest of the group was on their way down the stairwell to check things out. "Can I help you with something?" I asked. " I feel like this thing is moving. Is it just my imagination? Or is it really moving?" she replied. " Well if you fix your eyes on something stationary, you might see" I didn't get to finish. "Get me the hell out of here!" :rofl: She got back in the manlift and I hit the down button :rofl:

-
Back