Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Attachments

• Door panel 1.2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 506
  • Door panel 2.2.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 500
I just tried the Mr. Clean Eraser on this & see the difference?

Attachments

• Fat chick.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 470
  • Hot chick.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 472
That magic eraser is the ****! Wish it was around back when I was single because a couple of seriously drunk nights, I needed it the next morning especially when I had to naw my arm off to seek out.

Jeff, I'm sorry I missed this thread, I read through it all! Nice to see another nor-cal A body. On a side note, I was going to do the same thing with my 302 heads. Where did you take them and about how much did it run you?

That magic eraser is the ****! Wish it was around back when I was single because a couple of seriously drunk nights, I needed it the next morning especially when I had to naw my arm off to seek out.

I love this quote!!!

Jeff, I'm sorry I missed this thread, I read through it all! Nice to see another nor-cal A body. On a side note, I was going to do the same thing with my 302 heads. Where did you take them and about how much did it run you?

I used M&M Cylinder Head in Hayward. I was blown away by how well I was treated by the owner, Mike. He was familiar with the 302's and what sets them apart. I will use them again when i find a 340 or 360.

Well looks like the year is almost up & I'm finishing my upgrades just in time for the rainy season. Just about time to start saving all over again & picking up smaller parts here & there for next years budget. But I have to say I turned more wrenches on my car this year than last & learned a helluva lot about the engine & combos & I feel comfortable under the hood. That's pretty invaluable in my book.

Now that I'm back up & running & just need the headers hooked up to the existing exhaust, I figured it was time for one last purchase this year:

Attachments

• 2013 Tags.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 448
Had the day off today so took the Dart down to the exhaust shop to have the headers connected to the rest of the exhaust. Today was the 1st day I actually got to drive the car after all the recent mods. I'm extremely pleased as it drives like an entirely different car & it moves! I'm sure I still have some tuning to do but here's a clip of the car idling after the exhaust shop. (Stains on the driveway from Saturday's transmission work)

[ame="http://youtu.be/DqZ35kXyugw"]302 Found[/ame]

Good to see you drivin'Sae.Wait till you tune it,then hammer it.You won't think it's the same short block.Kudos to Bad 440,teaching you/sorting the details.

sounds good jeff now lets go break that rearend!thanks bomber ,i feel the need to help the youngsters .plus i know what its like to not have your car as you want it!

sounds good jeff now lets go break that rearend!thanks bomber ,i feel the need to help the youngsters .plus i know what its like to not have your car as you want it!

Couldn't have gotten this far without the help, brother. I owe you big time.

you don't owe me bud,glad to help.did you give it more timing yet?i know it'll run better and be alot more responsive at at least 14 degrees.mine runs about 20 - 22 per crackedback and it made all the diff. can't wait to fire it this time and see how it feels.no dyno for me 1/4 mile times will tell the story....

you don't owe me bud,glad to help.did you give it more timing yet?i know it'll run better and be alot more responsive at at least 14 degrees.mine runs about 20 - 22 per crackedback and it made all the diff. can't wait to fire it this time and see how it feels.no dyno for me 1/4 mile times will tell the story....

Timed it in to 14 degrees initial today. Super responsive from a dead stop and that slight lag is gone. It's effing amazing the difference! Thx Mike.

Timed it in to 14 degrees initial today. Super responsive from a dead stop and that slight lag is gone. It's effing amazing the difference! Thx Mike.
whats the total timing now? let me know when you want to dial in the carb.....think it runs good now....:burnout:

whats the total timing now? let me know when you want to dial in the carb.....think it runs good now....:burnout:

Looks like total is coming in at 39 (without vacuum) all in at about 2500 RPM is that too high?

Hopefully someone can chime in on this for me. It seems to want a little more initial (like 16*) but I get gun shy at the sight of 40+ degrees at about 2500.

need to switch out the slot plate with the shorter one. then you can run 16 and have about 34-6 much better.

Was having a little trouble getting the timing right. Too much total timing after setting the initial timing to 16*. I was all in by 2500 RPM, but was coming in at 43* total. Too much advance in the distributor.

So, I bought a Timing Plate from FBO which has pre-measured slots for restricting the mechanical advance in a distributor. 0, 10, 14 & 18 degrees. I pulled the distributor, 15 min later I had the plate dropped in using the 18* slots. I stabbed the distributor back in & set initial at 16* at revved to 3000. Total timing without vacuum advance came in at 34*. I hooked up the vacuum advance & revved to just a couple hundred over idle & came in at 52* with vacuum included, just what I was shooting for. Tightened it all up & went for a drive, feels great! Here's a couple pics of the plate.

Attachments

• Timing plate 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Timing Plate 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 372
  • Timing Plate 4.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 372
-
Back