Nos Direct Connection x block

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
What is a new never been assembled direct connection x block with new mopar w5 fully assembled heads with the wide valve covers and new hedman race headers the original box the block is with it also what would you pay

1702234427582.png

Seriously though, probably looking at $5-6$K. Just my opinion.

Pricey parts and hard to say, are the cylinders bored and what size are they? I believe those block came from direct connection with a 3.91” bore. Anything you buy new and have issues with you have recourse with the manufacturer. Buying used from a private party involves risk. Any big money engine parts I would buy I would have my engine builder check out first. I would have the block pressure tested, sonic tested and visually inspected.

Pricey parts and hard to say, are the cylinders bored and what size are they? I believe those block came from direct connection with a 3.91” bore. Anything you buy new and have issues with you have recourse with the manufacturer. Buying used from a private party involves risk. Any big money engine parts I would buy I would have my engine builder check out first. I would have the block pressure tested, sonic tested and visually inspected.
The bore is 3.90

The heads aren’t worth what they used to be since cheaper heads can be made to flow nearly what a W5 can. For a as cast W5 head loaded, I’d price them cheaper what a Trick Flow costs. Unless you have titanium valves in the head.

The wide covers were $300 if not more new. There not made anymore. So the price is more expensive. Pay the price if you want them.

Hedman race headers? IDK what they are new or available. You’ll need to check that. Otherwise, a good header is an easy $1,000.

The MoPar X block was somewhere around 3K. But this depends on the exact X block. There are many to choose from back in the day. You’ll need the part number to know exactly which one you have and find out what it was new. Since those also are t made anymore, the only comparable part is a Ritter block. Check out his prices.

Rocker arms can vary in price a good bit depending on who you go with. Harland Sharps are just under $1,300. TD or Jesel are more money and complicated systems but are much better. There really race material.

I paid 4 grand for a virgin block last summer. Would gladly pay you the same if you want to get rid of it.

-
Back