-

1500swinger

it's for sale not on sale
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Contact seller
A body small bolt pattern disc brake lower ball joints. K/H 68-72. $400 includes shipping with tracking and insurance. I also have nos upper ball joints, nos Pitman and idler arm available.

20240707_160254.jpg

20240707_160118.jpg

20240707_160142.jpg

20240707_160131.jpg

There are actually 4 different part numbers
68/69
71/72
I'm sure they are all interchangeable

Alan

I'm pretty sure cuda AI is correct. I wasn't aware that the disc brakes were available in 67,, that's why I didn't include that year in listing but all kelsey hayes brakes are the same. They were in the 66 Ford mustang and I know the pads are the same as mopar.

Spindles were the same 66-72 (65 was different).

Those casting numbers are just for the part and not the assembly and are not in the parts book.
The different assembly numbers may have all used the same casting.

Alan

Spindles were the same 66-72 (65 was different).

Those casting numbers are just for the part and not the assembly and are not in the parts book.
The different assembly numbers may have all used the same casting.

Alan
I do lots with these 65-72 KH disc brake systems, parts.
Tell me, what is different with a 65 spindle, than a 66-72 spindle, that you just wrote about?
I probably have had 25 or more of these brakes, throughout the decades, and never encountered anything like that.
The caliper bolts to the spindle, no matter what officially year a spindle year might be.
I never heard that.
There is NO DIFFERENCE between any DISC BRAKE spindle for ANY of the years, 1965-72.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:
Here's what a 1965-72 Kelsey Hayes disc brake spindle looks like with all the bolts attached to it.

KH Brakes June 2022 011 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Interested, but what makes these different then 67? As our 67 has oem disc as well.
DISC BRAKE ball joints use 9/16 inch bolts to attach to the spindle, throughout all the years 1965, - 1972.
DRUM Brake ball joints use 1/2 inch diameter bolts.
A Drum Brake ball joint can be used, just by drilling out the mount holes to 9/16 inch

Last edited:
Question for 1500swinger.
Could you actually measure the ball joints and tell us if they use 1/2 inch or 9/16 inch bolts.

DISC BRAKE ball joints use 9/16 inch bolts to attach to the spindle, throughout all the years 1965, - 1972.
DRUM Brake ball joints use 1/2 inch diameter bolts.
A Drum Brake ball joint can be used, just by drilling out the mount holes to 9/16 inch.
On a related note, I've recently found out that there were both a standard and heavy duty torsion bar adjustment bolt and nut for the lower control arm. Do you know what the difference is and how to tell the difference between the two? Maybe a photo of each? Thanks.

On a related note, I've recently found out that there were both a standard and heavy duty torsion bar adjustment bolt and nut for the lower control arm. Do you know what the difference is and how to tell the difference between the two? Maybe a photo of each? Thanks.
Now, where in the world did you hear that?
NEVER have i heard anything like that at all, in all these decades that i have been involved in rebuilding Mopar suspension parts, and brake systems.
Ever since 1980, when i discharged out of the Air Force.

And before the Air Force, i was an industrial machinist, and i know about Rockwell hardness test ratings for metal parts.
And i don't know what reason there would be for a hardness difference between a adjustment bolt and block, in a lower control arm.

Yup, it was a surprise to me too. I've never noticed a difference in any of them, including B-bodies, but, the parts book show a standard one that is 2275469 and a heavy duty set is 2275470. The B-body sets are 2275468 as standard and 2275469 as heavy duty! Weird.....

Now, where in the world did you hear that?
NEVER have i heard anything like that at all, in all these decades that i have been involved in rebuilding Mopar suspension parts, and brake systems.
Ever since 1980, when i discharged out of the Air Force.

And before the Air Force, i was an industrial machinist, and i know about Rockwell hardness test ratings for metal parts.
And i don't know what reason there would be for a hardness difference between a adjustment bolt and block, in a lower control arm.
First for me as well, just went through the parts books to learn more, looks like there were 3 numbers that available.
2275468 B-Body Standard 64-71, E-Body 70-72, B-Body 72
2275469 A-Body Standard 64-66, A-Body 67-72, B-Body Heavy Duty 64-71,
2275470 A-Body Heavy Duty 64-66

It would appear?
2275468 Lite Duty
2275469 Medium Duty
2275470 Heavy Duty

Size of bolt? Bolt grade?

Alan

wow, this is news to me as well. i had no idea.

welp, time to dig thru my stock and see if i can discern the difference and then charge accordingly!

I'm thinking maybe the thickness of the nut/swivel and/or bolt length?
I know there is different length's of the "bolt" throughout the years, and the body styles, so that most likely has got to do with part numbers.

But as to tell hardness, there is no way for the naked eye, and then the enthusiast, to tell any difference.

EDIT:
Well, i think i have gotten some of this figured out for all of us.

Part numbers most likely have to do with the length of the bolt, and the thread pitch of the bolt and block.
Fine thread and course thread.
And the big full size Chrysler tuna boats, use a 5/8" inch diameter bolt, in the LCA.

Here's a picture of my stash, what i currently have.
You probably can see different pitch of the threads.

But i wouldn't have any idea at all in calling them light duty, medium duty, or heavy duty.

LCA BOLTS & BLOCKS 002 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I know C-bodies are different, but, I always thought the A and B-body ones were the same. Interesting... Looks like Mancini has new 2275469's in stock. Aftermarket ones are available too, Not sure about their quality and heavy dutyness of them however.

-
Back