Not a Mopar but I had to buy it!

-
Ron, That thing looks SWEEEEET.

When i was growing up my neighbor had one exactly like that...except I think his was a big block hurst 4 speed ,black interior and canary yellow outside and I think it had either cragers style rims or keystone style rims all the way around.

sharp cars.....nothing wrong with GM muscle, I just prefer Mopar is all.

All i can say is at least its not a rice rocket. i can appreciate pretty much any American made car (at least pre 78) nice find!

Thank you all VERY MUCH! I get to bring it home tomorrow and I already have 2 offers on it. I dont know, I want to keep it but the profit from it would more than cover my ENTIRE build cost of the 66 Cuda.

I'd love another one of those. I had 2 of those Body styles. a 71 and a 72. the 71 was a LeMans, the '72 was a Tempest. The Poncho engines are know for great torque output, but you have to watch the lower end if you wanna do something semi serious with them.

IMO, if you get into the engine, go big or don't bother.

Nice find.

When i was growing up my neighbor had one exactly like that...except I think his was a big block hurst 4 speed all.

Just a note from a life long GM guy (who owns a Mopar now ;) ), all Pontiac blocks are the same dimensions on the outside so there really isn't a small block or big block Pontiac. ;)

Thats right, from what? 326 to 455 it's all the same.

Just a note from a life long GM guy (who owns a Mopar now ;) ), all Pontiac blocks are the same dimensions on the outside so there really isn't a small block or big block Pontiac. ;)

I grew up a GM guy too. They are just all V-8s

Dude, it's American, why complain.

My Wife's Uncle had one same color and all.

Amazing what a set of cragars can do for it.

Amazing what a set of cragars can do for it.

I actually have an extra set of centerlines and american racing aluminum rims with tires on them sitting up in the garage so one of those will be going on immediately lol

It wasnt the original engine , I think it was a 454....might have been a 396....not sure.

as for there being no "big blocks" for pontiac......I did not know that.....I thought the pontiac 400 was the biggest cubed "small block" that was made.

good to know.

nice car, my buddy has a lemans with a 400 and his car is a BEAST runs 11's all day

The Poncho engines are know for great torque output, but you have to watch the lower end if you wanna do something semi serious with them.

x2 they were excellent breathers but the bottom ends...... Great find. As long as it's not a rice burner its good in my book.:thumbup: Watch out for people and there comments like...... "too bad its not a GTO." My dad just recently sold a 1968 Buick Skylark, all original & a lot of the comments were "too bad its not a GS." [-(

Attachments

• P4180855.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 48
  • P4180856.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P4200860.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 45
  • P4200861.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 50
oh man...I'm one of those weird one's that loves them 68 and 69 Skylarks...the swoopy design is just cool. Nice car...too bad it's not a GS :)

The guy who is helping me with my dart is building a 69 Lemans/GTO clone right now. Nothing wrong with Ponchos in my book.

Very nice find badawg. Pontiac's are nice driving cars and can run decent. If Mopars were never in existence a Pontiac would be my choice.

-
Back