Not an A body but I thought these came new with rust

-
These may have lasted longer if Honda hadn't cheaped out and shipped them over here as deck cargo.....

Wow... just what I always wanted, a rusty Honda from Michigan with a locked up engine.

Guessing this is rust free......you are not paying anything extras for it so........

My brother had one of those, biggest POS there was. Holes in the floor board, can't think of a single place there wasn't rust.

that would make a cool car with a motor swap though.. i just picked up a 94 civic sedan and recently had a 92 civic hatch. beat the crap outta both on a daily basis and they never did me wrong. cant beat the fuel mileage too . good cars, just wish there was a mopar equivalent that would take the abuse and give me that kind of mpgs. and not fall apart like a neon

my dad had one of these his was a 72 had a modified 600cc engine in it car ran great good fuel mileage one of his buddies borrowed it and ran it out of gas tried to push start it and ran the valves into the pistons that car was rust free but it was florida.seeing this brought back some fond memories of my dad thx for the post

In Michigan with the road salt in the winter these cars rusted out faster than The Chevy Vega. The fenders& frames lasted maybe two years. It was so bad Honda even repaired some under warranty!

Had one of those years ago. paid $400.00 for it. Spent money for
a clutch cable. Didn't keep the car very long. Gave it to my nephew
for cheap or maybe free...can't remember. He got a letter from the
car company wanting him to bring it into the dealer. Because of
rust issues Honda bought it back.....gave him $350.00 for it.

No, I didn't get any of the money......just a thank you from David:cheers:

Never had a foreign car till I bought my German engineered Magnum made in Canada and my Journey from Mexico...LOL

That is very little rust compared to what my 'one year newer' Duster had.... but, my slant 6 runs!

On my way to a job interview last week I spotted a 1982 Civic 4dr hatchback for sale...pretty good shape really. BC car and they were asking $500.....if I get the job I will do a drive by to see if they still have it....

Really?
600cc?

Motorcycles with 600cc engines are slow.

Yup, I had 3 '70's in high school...600 4 stroke wasted spark ignition, and earlier ones had 360 2 strokes!!! The 360's didnt have external starters, they used the built in one somehow as a generator after you started it. Rumor has it that they dumped an entire '73 600 shipment overboard 600 miles out as they couldn't pass 73 DOT specs.
As for POS status, heck no. These were shitboxes from the start and everyone knew it. In CA these were all over the place. Tight motors, a 2 speed automatic. Phenominal mileage. EZ to service, perfect first car. I would buy one today for $500 if it ran good. No rust issues out here.
And I beat an AMC Hornet 6cyl wagon with 3 people in it once...YEah!!!

-
Back