Would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Alas, I am not a true MoPar guy. I am a true 4 wheels n a motor guy. Here in the PNW there are rust free cars to be had. BUT they cost a bit more. Next year my buddy is moving out of the country for two years and I will be the owner of a 68 firebird 400. Its a rust free stick car. Runs n drives. Its a case of space, money, and time. I do dig it (the belvedere) though. It may just end up in the drive and maybe something else around here kicks rocks.

View attachment 1715982316

View attachment 1715982317

View attachment 1715982318

View attachment 1715982319
I always liked the hood tack, just a little hard to see at times.

I always liked the hood tack, just a little hard to see at times.
Ya, agreed. marketing it would seem. and dealer installed? In this case installed by me as this was originally a sprint car, then drag car, now back to driver. fun car to drive, really predictable through the turns.

I didn’t realize we were neighbors, I’m down in Lacey. Hopefully I’ll catch you cruising around in that thing, or the bad *** firebird.

I didn’t realize we were neighbors, I’m down in Lacey. Hopefully I’ll catch you cruising around in that thing, or the bad *** firebird.
I have always thought it would be cool to arrange some kind of "third thurs of the month" meetup for whoever wants to show..... Tacoma would be a great location. I think that Sun morning is the best though, early, aint nobody out and the air is cool.

I'm the owner of the car being discussed and I thought I should elaborate a few details that clementine was unaware of...

As I am sure you all know these cars we enjoy don't come up too often. When they do they come up they are usually on the other side of the country, total projects or trailer queens that you would be afraid to drive to the Walmart. I was looking for a nice daily and found this one three hours away. The price was high but I figured I could make a deal. I was dismayed when I got there and found that I was dealing with a flipper.

This is a one owner car. I was under the impression that it was an original paint car. It was not. 95,000 original miles and still wears the original plates. I was told that the car was ordered this way. Golden Commando! Factory HP 361 4bbl dual exhaust. A745 manual trans attached to a Sure Grip w/ 3:55 gears. Headliner, door panels and package tray are as nice as one would expect from a 60 year old car. Original trunk mat and wheel well inserts are still intact. Dash pad shows wear from the second gear shift knuckle impact. Prior to the auction the family had the fuel system flushed and new fuel pump installed. The brake system completely redone and was converted to DOT4.

I made an offer that I was comfortable with and thought was reasonable and he accepted. 6 grand.

I drove it home the three hours without a hitch. I went through and replaced the plugs, air filter, oil/filter and new valve cover gaskets. Installed a period correct oil pressure gauge. Upon inspection I found that the dash wiring needed to be replaced. I installed that and added a solid state voltage regulator. Additionally I went to the Les Schwabb and had two wheels powder coated and four new tires installed. So, lets just round up and call it a grand out of my pocket.

Bold pricing? At my loss?

Car is available. Fly and drive! PM me.

62GC.jpeg

'62tails.jpeg

belvederefrontseat.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

Early 60s belvedere. 361 three on the tree, manual brakes/steering. Runs n drives. Friend is asking 6K. I've driven the car and its rust free, but....very oddball, moredoor, and has the "throwaway BB"

WWFD (what would FABO do?)

View attachment 1715980306

View attachment 1715980307

View attachment 1715980308

View attachment 1715980309
NO. Put the money into a money market account and collect that sweet 5% a year! That's 3 hundred big ones.

Ok. After that suggestion? BUY the car!

Aww hey @abloch!! Shoulda guessed you were a member of an online mopar forum. Hope I didnt say anything outta line. Since Im passing on the buy because of other finances such as extending carport/raising dogchild/and having enough cars (no I didnt buy the Henry J either) maybe start a 'For Sale' thread on here. I hope I didnt muddy the waters somehow.

Someone will probably drive it for awhile and realize it's not all that cool after all, then it will be ebay for double.

Maybe 2 years ago, I saved a 64 more Bel from the part out deal. Now it is a great running driving old car with new paint and lots of new stuff. I like it and its looks, but it will find a new home as I will not attempt to keep every old Mopar that falls in my lap. Truth is, 99% of Moparites regard the more door as nothing but a parts car. Yea there are the exceptions. But the more door is a great car for the entry level young guy or the old fart like me that has had every Mopar known to man and likes the looks and utility of a more door.

Does anyone recall the guy in St. Louis that a few years ago, built a truly wonderful more door 70 Challenger? It was a great exerise in engineering, fabwork, body/paint.. the whole 9 yards, but the number of negative Moparites was amazing!

-
Back