Not Mopar but still car.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My youngest brother,(42), is looking to restore a car. Don't ban me for this, he is looking for a 64 to 66 corvette. cough, cough, puke, puke. I have done everything to talk him out of it but he has made up his mind.
If any of you know of such a car for sale along the east coast, especially Florida can you please let me know. He would like something that isn't wrecked or has minor damage. Condition of motor and tranny is not that important. Frame has to be good.
The things you do for family.

Jack

Well, it is an a American car, so, it could be worse. Eyes open and looking.

Is he ready to drop 20 to 30 grand on a fixer upper, another 10 to paint, plus another 10 for miscellaneous, if he's lucky. I think the 63 -66 are beautiful cars but they're priced out of the working mans market. Good luck

those are pretty ok but prices are in the sky! hope he will find one at a good price and in good shape..

Coyote Jack said:
My youngest brother,(42), is looking to restore a car. Don't ban me for this, he is looking for a 64 to 66 corvette. cough, cough, puke, puke. I have done everything to talk him out of it but he has made up his mind.
If any of you know of such a car for sale along the east coast, especially Florida can you please let me know. He would like something that isn't wrecked or has minor damage. Condition of motor and tranny is not that important. Frame has to be good.
The things you do for family.

Jack
Tell your brother to stop by another website I frequent

www.corvetteactioncenter.com

My handle there is ih2lose. there is a section he can place a wanted noice for the car and can also see what kinda problems he may run into with a vette project car.

Write now the most afourdable "mid years" "C1s" are the 63's and the 64s the 65,66, and 67's have spiked over the last 5 or 6 years and by the time you purchase a project car and restore it your well over the selling price of the car. (hey but isnt this with all muscle cars these days)

Now if he wants a vette at a bargin price i would suggest a "C3" 1968 thru 1982 as these cars seam to be selling at bargin prices.

you can also send him a link to my website if he wants to see my cars

www.yellowcorvettes.com or have him contact me when he gets into the buying mode as i can tell him what to look for in a vette and what to runaway from.

I am pretty luckey as i have never got hung up on that childish comparison of what car make is better then the other. To me all of the muscle cars are the same. Lots of HP and cool looks

Best of luck with his quest.

-
Back