Not my first Duster 340

-

MyD750

'71 Duster 340 TX9
Reaction score
Howdy y'all! Thanks to all now, and in advance for what I'll be gaining from the forums. I've recently purchased a '71 Duster 340 from ChallengerGary ([SOLD] - 1971 TX9 Duster 340 4-speed project). This will be my second Duster 340, my first being '72 that I let go when I was a young dumb paratrooper in the U.S. Army. You'll see (or have seen) that this '71 aint purtty, but has good bones. While I don't have a lot of $$$, I do have time. So the journey begins.

I know Gary already has a solid rep here. It's well deserved. He's been aces through all of this, so a big thanks to Gary. And again, thanks to y'all for the board, and what I know I'll gain from y'all on it.

BTW, I hope y'all totally dig the super cool sunroof somebody installed. :wtf:
71 Duster loaded.jpg

From another '71 Duster 340 owner, welcome aboard! And congrats on the purchase! I envy you being able to drive yours year round in Texas. Mine will be put away for the winter here shortly within the next few weeks, dang it!

67841964469__419148CD-2A99-4031-B96E-C57611FBCEF1.jpg

when I was a young dumb paratrooper in the U.S. Army.
The car might have good bones, but how are yours after all those jumps? lol From one vet to another, welcome aboard.

From another '71 Duster 340 owner, welcome aboard! And congrats on the purchase! I envy you being able to drive yours year round in Texas. Mine will be put away for the winter here shortly within the next few weeks, dang it!

View attachment 1716005375
Thanks, I see you're in Churchville, not too far from Buffalo where my daughter and her fiance live. Yes, it's pretty much year round driving weather here.

The car might have good bones, but how are yours after all those jumps? lol From one vet to another, welcome aboard.
Ya know...there are days, too often when I my body reminds me. Thanks for your service. What branch and job did you have?

What branch and job did you have?
Army as well, but im just a motor pool baby. a welder/machinist. The jobs were combined into a single mos, which I wasn't aware of until i got to ait and they said yall ready to start welding. Far as I knew I was only a machinist and so I thought I was in the wrong unit!

Welcome fromFL! I was born in Killeen, Ft Darnell Army Hospital slightly over a half century ago... that's going to be an awesome ride when you're done man I can see the potential for miles away! Thank you for Your Service, and if anythings said about your car, just remember you're one of them guys that jumped out of perfectly good airplanes,and that's A Perfectly Good Car! Mine's a 74...I'd prefer a 70-72... I think I've had 5) 73 74 and 75s over the years. They just come my way! We're glad ta have You! There's a great group of guys here that will almost bend over backwards to help you out, n a ton of knowledge as well!

Thanks, I see you're in Churchville, not too far from Buffalo where my daughter and her fiance live. Yes, it's pretty much year round driving weather here.
About 45 minutes east of Buffalo we are. We go into Buffalo once every month or two. Most of what we do is towards Rochester though. Buffalo has Mighty Taco. We’re big fans lol.

Army as well, but im just a motor pool baby. a welder/machinist. The jobs were combined into a single mos, which I wasn't aware of until i got to ait and they said yall ready to start welding. Far as I knew I was only a machinist and so I thought I was in the wrong unit!
Ah…the motor pool. Great place. We had to do pleanty of user level maintenance on our jeeps. Never welded until about 3 months ago. That’s something I’m about to embrace

-
Back