not new but took a LONG break

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
hello guys some of you may know me some of you might not but i am mopardart72 after a year of losing interest in the car i have had the sudden OUTBURST of interest in the 72 dart again. i honeslty thought it would never get done so i left it to the side at my dads house sitting there. I got interest just today so i'm signign in today and saying Hey and its good to be back. I lack a few parts to get the dart done

Welcome back. Maybe if you start a restoration thread it will help motivate you a little more. That is what i do.

i live with my grandparents and everytime i would buy a part they would always say im wasting my money i'll never finish the car. and it always discourages me. i'll be 19 thursday

Welcome back .
I find seeking inspiration wherever I can find it helps a local car show,museum or even seeing clips of other's cars on youtube help Me remember why I started this project.Keep at it.Trust Me when you build a car for yourself the way you want it all the struggles will be worth the payoff at the end !

i know i have had this car since 2006 when my dad gave it to me for my 14th birthday. I'm just down to a few parts for the car. a starter leafsprings, seats and lbp axels shocks and a manual steering pump and coulmn

i live with my grandparents and everytime i would buy a part they would always say im wasting my money i'll never finish the car. and it always discourages me. i'll be 19 thursday

If you earn your own money than it's your business what you do with it.I can however see their point of view.I'm sure they would like for you to be able to completely support yourself.But if you have invested in the car it's also beneficial to finish it or get it to a stage where it's actually safe and driveable. Ever try and sell a project car? Not much value there unless you started with a highly desireable vehicle.Best of luck in whatever you decide.

You should be able to find loads of parts down there.Just go for it-only one stopping you is you! You are never going to please everyone.Im sure they have their reasons,but get on here and talk to these guy's.Lot of them are in the same boat and that helps.They are right-you will never have it completly finished,there will always be something more you want to do.It's the accomplishments that you call your own.Good Luck and have fun with it!

-
Back