not sure what to do about ac??

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
used to i had the h p cars, no air, then i got some cars i put in big blocks and tossed the ac.( i work outside and hate ac anyway).
now i got a couple of /6 dusters, both ac cars, one is 76 feather duster. original down to the paint. question: is it practical to get the stock ac stuff workin.?? what can it cost me? don't want aftermarket ac. i could just leave it there and cut the ac belt. take it all off and keep if next guy wants to fool with it???? what to use for collant? all the stock stuff is there. thanks for any advice. BILL

As long as the evap / under dash stuff is in good shape and doesn't leak, you can "do" the rest. You need to replace the hoses anyhow, and these days there are lots of options on compressors.

i admit my ignorance when it comes to ac. been in heater boxes replacing cores but have no knowledge of the ac stuff under there. is there an AFFORDABLE supplier of the hoses. local parts stores here build hydraulic hoses for farm equip,, not sure of ac hoses.? could be a thing to do a little at a time. if ac stuff is all on there in my way, i might at well try gettin it workin. what is the rerigerant i want to use? thanks for all advice. BILL

-
Back