Not sure what to do

-
Nothing is wrong with my current engine, its a bone stock 318 from 1974. i want to get more power without spending too much money. would it be smarter to put better parts on my current engine or swap it out? i assume the engine has over 120k miles, the odometer broke before i bought it.

Would cylinder heads with bigger valves and a performance cam be worth the trouble or should i save my money and buy a short block crate engine? thanks for any thoughts and ideas. i want to have fun with the car but it seems to be a money pit when it comes to making it handle and have power
just to respond to everyone, the engine already has a four barrel carb and intake and im planning on saving my money and buying a 360 magnum crate motor, even though it will break the trans and rear end but **** it

I'll second adding a sway bar for better handling. My Duster with wore out front suspension and shocks still drove like a different car with the addition of a front sway bar.

You say you don't want to spend much money in the first paragraph and in the very next you speak of cylinder heads. So WHAT is your budget? "Not much money" to me means recurved distributor, used iron or aluminum four barrel intake and used four barrel carburetor and cheap new or used Summit headers. What's your definition of "not much money"? Five grand?

-
Back