Nothing else sounds like them.

-

Richie

Reaction score
After watching many...I mean tons of youtube videos nothing seems to sound the same as a 340. Do any of you guys agree?

I always thought they had a "rappy" sound to the exhaust note when they hit around 2500 or 3000......I thought it had something to do with the exhaust manifolds.

After owning a few hemi cars I can say that they have the most distinctive sound. 340's sound tough as hell with a set of turbo mufflers.

After owning a few hemi cars I can say that they have the most distinctive sound. 340's sound tough as hell with a set of turbo mufflers.

I have to agree. There is nothing that quite sounds like a Hemi upwards of 5,000 RPM with open headers. It is just...different.

I think the tips help a lot. I ran mine one day without them and it sounded not bad, but not near as good.

340's deffinately sound mean even in stock form but stroke them,and nothing sounds better..:-D

yup theres something about those litle shortstroke smallblocks mine had a sound all of its own runing wide open when the tunnelram was still there....
and the few hemis i have heard in real life have also had a sound of there own:)

Im not 100 percent sure,
But i think some motors sound the way they do due to the firing order...

Is 318,340,360's firing order all the same?

-
Back