-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
B and m Pro Stick
I got from SGBARRACUDA
Reverse pattern for cheetah valve body

66 Huey Helicopter cyclic grip, all wire and switches working, I'm embarrassed to say what I gave for it

I needed an excuse for buckets, got a line on some nice 2014 Sonata pwr/heat
And I'm building a console

Someone onced poked me saying my Dart is not a helicopter, a man can dream......

PXL_20240315_181013992.jpg

PXL_20240315_181028064.jpg

PXL_20240315_181038117.jpg

PXL_20240315_181042975.jpg

PXL_20240315_181057373.jpg

PXL_20240315_181112156.jpg

B and m Pro Stick
I got from SGBARRACUDA
Reverse pattern for cheetah valve body

66 Huey Helicopter cyclic grip, all wire and switches working, I'm embarrassed to say what I gave for it

I needed an excuse for buckets, got a line on some nice 2014 Sonata pwr/heat
And I'm building a console

Someone onced poked me saying my Dart is not a helicopter, a man can dream......

View attachment 1716221854

View attachment 1716221855

View attachment 1716221856

View attachment 1716221857

View attachment 1716221858

View attachment 1716221859

I think that's very cool!

A button for line lock, a button for nitrous LOL !!

Interesting . Looks similar to a stick grip in an A 10 but its missing the trigger...
Yeah, not sure what I going to do with that yet, maybe a chrome plate with a custom mini toogle
I'm thinking a small gold coin for the 4 way thumb switch, original was an "umbrella hat"

Interesting . Looks similar to a stick grip in an A 10 but its missing the trigger...

A10 Thunderbolt is an extremely bad *** son of a butch, that can throw a **** ton of immediate firepower. Best close air for ground troops.
I will take your assessment, that is, it's associated with a super star, lol

If the reason it won't work is because it's hitting the seat, mount it on a pedestal/riser and that should give you enough clearance. Only raise it as much as you need to, and then build your console around it.

Never used a pro stick, never liked the idea of the lever, remembering when to use it, and for what shift.
Dont you have to grab and pull that lever for the 2-3 shift? It looks like it's a foot away from your (supercool) knobber.

Never used a pro stick, never liked the idea of the lever, remembering when to use it, and for what shift.
Dont you have to grab and pull that lever for the 2-3 shift? It looks like it's a foot away from your (supercool) knobber.
Haven't really sorted it out, bought a kit to convert to reverse pattern. I'll tear it down and rebuild it with the reverse plate, then I'll know.

I've got buckets in my 62, but I think I could have made my pro ratchet work with a bench. I built a little pedestal for the shifter to sit on, and a pistol grip knob from scrap aluminum to make the shifter handle effectively higher.
I like the pro ratchet, cause the shift handle is always in the same place, and you can't miss a shift unless you push/pull the wrong direction. Btdt.

I have a set of 1992+/- Mustang power buckets that were in my 69 Barracuda I will let go cheap. I am about an hour east of you. PM me if your interested.

Last edited:
Yes you pull the lever for 2-3 shift. It becomes habit after you use it a few times.

Recently a friend (in a new car, I'll admit) pulled the lever for the 1-2, missed the shift point, then didn't pull it for 2-3, missed that one too.
Fortunately, only a time trial.
I'm sure I could get used to it..... but I was used to my Cheetah shifter too.... and I still went 1-3-2-3 occasionally.

-
Back