Now who would do a thing like this?

-

danielb927

Reaction score
Now, who in the heck is too cheap to buy a 12" piece of the right size pipe? Whoever did the exhaust on my Duster (before I had it) just tried to fill in the difference with weld material :wack:

p1020002g.jpg

Hehe yes it is janky, I for one think this word needs to be spread! Looks like the exhaust that fell off my Neon last winter.

haha!!!! ohhh wow! can it get any better!!!!! hahaha....hey man, they exhaust on my 68 cuda is a HACK JOB CENTRAL! don't feel bad, buddy. :)

What can I say, as long as you don't LOOK at them, they sound pretty good :thumbup:

My Dart has some ultra-custom anti-reversion downpipes as well. They're merely a placeholder until I can scrounge the cash for a set of headers.

Those things on the end are louvered resonators, right?

Also I found one more for ya mopardude. Little bit of a leak there. Top of that janked connection I showed before.

p1020001b.jpg

Probably just as well I don't have a welder- eliminates the possibility of my doing stuff like that...
icon11.gif

When i had my Satellite, i took the engine out, the manifold bolts were all rusted up, so i cut the Y pipe off right about even with the oil pan.

I put the engine back in after the rebuild and drove it to Midas and told them twice. I wanted 2.5 pipe from the manifolds back.

I come back and look at the job. They welded fresh pipe to the old rusty pipe that was left over from when i cut it. I didnt say a word, pointless. Took it and went down the street to a Rod shop and had it done over. half my fault for taing it to Midas in the first place.

i think the guy who did that work must have moved to ny , then did the exhaust on my valiant. mine looks just like that.

My Dart is kind of like that. Some one started at the manifold and welded a few pipes together leaving a step at each conection that cant be good for flow.

Now, who in the heck is too cheap to buy a 12" piece of the right size pipe? Whoever did the exhaust on my Duster (before I had it) just tried to fill in the difference with weld material :wack:

p1020002g.jpg

That's enginneered don't ya know. That stepdown and back up is actually a performance enhancer sold on ebay, it's works like a venturi and causes a low pressure pocket to form which increases the velocity of the gases helping to scavenge the exhaust out of the manifold further enhancing the intake flow loop charge.

I've also heard that smoking crack is not addicting, just ask the bozo that welded that up. probably even used a coat hangar the cheap bastard.:read2:8)

HAHA thats just kind of stupid.. kind of.. okay it is but still pretty funny, at least you dont have to replace all of it like me.

-
Back