NRA Whittington Center, Raton, NM

-

DFX 340 Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all. My retired Deputy Sheriff and Marine brother has once again invited me to spend a week with him and his wife at the above mentioned NRA Center.
I am seeking any comments from any FABO member who has visited the center. My biggest concern is being bored after a few days of shooting various weapons.
What else is there to do?
How long did you stay?
How did the staff treat you?

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Art

Hi all. My retired Deputy Sheriff and Marine brother has once again invited me to spend a week with him and his wife at the above mentioned NRA Center.
I am seeking any comments from any FABO member who has visited the center. My biggest concern is being bored after a few days of shooting various weapons.
What else is there to do?
How long did you stay?
How did the staff treat you?

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Art

No help here , but my uncle who past away a few yrs back , used to run the place --------------

I've never been able to get out there, but my understanding is that there is a lot of other outdoor activities available on site and in the immediate area. If you are a couch potato, it may not be a fun place to be for more than a day or two. I wouldn't hesitate to go.

I have been there although it was nearly 20 years ago (for a 4-H national archery competition).
I remember there being plenty to do both at the Whittington center and nearby attractions. Everyone we interacted with were great. The facility its self was top notch and huge (still remember how clean everything was, we stayed at the on site campground). Definitely worth a visit.

I have been there although it was nearly 20 years ago (for a 4-H national archery competition).
I remember there being plenty to do both at the Whittington center and nearby attractions. Everyone we interacted with were great. The facility its self was top notch and huge (still remember how clean everything was, we stayed at the on site campground). Definitely worth a visit.

Past uncle said it was 10,000 acres.

Thanks to all who replied. You have removed any apprehensions that I had about spending a week there. I retired last June and it seems that social events/outings/travel with my wife, family, or friends have really kept me from getting my two project cars on the road again. I didn’t want it to be a week of “plunking cans” over and over when I could be working on the Duster on some of those days. I am now looking forward to going.
I will take photos and post some of them on FABO.

-
Back