Nuetral saftey switch

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram on how to wire one up ? Mine doesnt work.

I've just got 1 wire running from my switch on the transmision to my starter relay. When the transmission is in park or neutral the switch is grounding the relay, allowing the starter to turn over.

From what I remember, there are three wires on it. The center wire goes to the starter relay, that's the neutral switch. The outer wires are for the backup lights.

Hooks to the terminal right next to the small wire that runs to your starter, not the one that is slightly angled. If you should happen to have a 4-speed starter relay for some reason this neutral safety terminal is not even there.

Nope its an auto relay. 1 is maked S (starter) and one marke g (ground?)

Use the one marked G. Your switch on the trans grounds this terminal in park and neutral.

The car will start in gear and the reverse lights wont work . You can buy the harness from Year one

hu23n for autos $47
hu620 for 4 speeds $30

AdamR said:
The car will start in gear and the reverse lights wont work . You can buy the harness from Year one

hu23n for autos $47
hu620 for 4 speeds $30

Will it even start? I think you'd have to ground the terminal on the starter relay under the hood to get it to start without the neutral safety switch connected.

-
Back