NUG: Just Scored Running 63 Dart GT Vert

-

Rhetor

Reaction score
Just scored yesterday a 1964 (not 63) Dart GT Black w/red stripe convertible 4 speed manual with the stock 273 4bbl . . . (all original--even the glass and cigarette lighter-- original engine in the car--know the original owner, repainted once 15 years ago)!

And it was always plated and runs and has stayed on the road (well almost, ran yesterday wouldn't stay running when loaded on tow truck--carburetor of course)! All original except top (3 years old) . . . well used, no dents (or bondo) worn out buckets seats . . . but I am happy! 132,000 miles but total rebuild on the stock engine at 108,000.

Cosmetically all worn out, but 100% there!

All stock with the 273 V8 . . . old radio even works . . . AM only! :)

Now, first thing . . . I need more power than the original 273 V8--180 hp (on the original . . . besides the tune up . . . what first in the quest for more hp?

More power before cosmetics!

I am on this forum for help! Lord knows I will need it! :-D

xscuseless.gif

I would do the standard headers, good dual exhaust, intake, cam, 4 barrel carb, just for a good improvement. I almost forgot to mention that a electronic distributor upgrade is a good thing to do too.

P.S. congrats on such a good find. Good luck on your build.

I would do the standard headers, good dual exhaust, intake, cam, 4 barrel carb, just for a good improvement. I almost forgot to mention that a electronic distributor upgrade is a good thing to do too.

P.S. congrats on such a good find. Good luck on your build.

Thanks . . . looking for all of the "bolt on" ideas I can get . . . just don't want to drop in a different engine until this one blows . . . but I want to get all I can with bolt ons!

Wheres the pics?

Took one bad pic from the cell phone while at the shop. Sorry for the lack of quality . . . better pics later.

Oh, and it is a 64 (not a 63). (Bought a 63 Impala the same day from the same guy I got the 64 Dart GT Vert and got confused!)

Not a beauty, but a true running survivor with no bondo. Gotta buff that paint for sure!!!

Thanks all for your encouragement on this new project for me!

IMAG0128.jpg

Hey Rhetor, thats a sweet little find you got there. I agree with the bolt on ideas as mentioned above. And I would suggest you keep it bolt on for now also so you can enjoy that top down this summer. Enjoy that Mopar there bud!!! Geof

Hey Rhetor, thats a sweet little find you got there. I agree with the bolt on ideas as mentioned above. And I would suggest you keep it bolt on for now also so you can enjoy that top down this summer. Enjoy that Mopar there bud!!! Geof

Thanks, Geof . . . staying with bolt-ons . . . don't want to loose the GA summer driving!

-
Back