Numbers from my 360..

-

grassy

Reaction score
The numbers from my 360 are:

. operating temperature - just under 200 degrees with just water..
. just under 75 pounds oi pressure..
. just under 14 volts..

What should the max shift point be ?

Thanks...

Rebuilt motor. Do not know the exact specifications. New oil pump.

Basically stock with a bit lumpier cam.

Just trying to set my tach...don't want the kids to blow the engine..

Ian.

Rebuilt motor. Do not know the exact specifications. New oil pump.

Basically stock with a bit lumpier cam.

Just trying to set my tach...don't want the kids to blow the engine..

Ian.

Do the kids plan on doing 6000 rpm shifts, I hope not, lol.

No idea :) ..but I mentioned 4K and the kid thought that was low..he is used to higher revving engines.

Just want to set the tach. is 4.5K too high for a max shift ?

If it is a mild build with very little lump the cam will probably like 5 to 5500 shift point for power, A 4500 shift for normal cruising will be ok.

Bet you wish you had a rev limiter.
But it is difficult to hazard a guess without knowing what is in there.
Maybe slightly more than 5000.

No, and you could probably go higher. I was just curious how experienced your kid is with shifting at higher rpm's and going fast. That 360 is gonna have some grunt that he may not be used too. 5500 to 6000 is probably a safe range. It all depends on the cam I guess, what's the power range on it?

Is this for the track?

Bet you wish you had a rev limiter.
But it is difficult to hazard a guess without knowing what is in there.
Maybe slightly more than 5000.

Not yet but mine has saved my bacon a few times :) Not sure of which kid I worry more about.

Ok..got the range. The engine will tell ya when the power curve flattens out.

Thanks all.
Ian.

No, and you could probably go higher. I was just curious how experienced your kid is with shifting at higher rpm's and going fast. That 360 is gonna have some grunt that he may not be used too. 5500 to 6000 is probably a safe range.

Is this for the track?

No. Just an ordinary (or as ordinary as its possible) car. All his experience has been on the 2 wheeled variety. Now have antique plants on it.

I didn't install a sure grip. They can do that once they move out on their own :)

Ian.

If he's used to 4cylinders and pushing them he'll always think it's low... But I'd call it 5500 tops and put a rev controller on it. Also tell him that's not for extended periods - it's shift peaks...lol.

-
Back