Nut & Bolt dilemma???????

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I have spent the last 5 days bead blasting all the parts from my car that will fit into our large cabinet including the nuts & bolts. Can anyone suggest a way to finish them to a satin black that won't chip away the first time I put a wrench on them. I have to do something but I have had no success with paint. Everything else will be powdercoated. Suggestions are appreciated.
TIA, Rat:profilel:

Hi there! Send me a PM with your info and I will get in contact with a guy who has helped me out for the last year. About 10 lbs of bolts and nuts förconcours resto. He do a great job. He has his business in Ohio.

Back in the day people would heat up horse shoes red hot and drop them in oil. It gives them a black finish and keeps them from rusting. I'm not sure how good it'd be for the integrity of the bolt to heat it up red hot though. Just a thought.

Why not just coat the nuts, bolts and washers to match the rest of your powder??? There's high temp tape and silicone plugs to keep the coating out of the threads. PM me if you need a referral.

Eastwood Co. has a do-it-yourself black phosphate treatment kit.

Two light coats of Black Epoxy Primer is awesome stuff. Very tough. It's what I've used on the bolts I want to keep black. Or paint over them with body color paint.

-
Back