Nuther dumb gas station comment.

-
hey, he drives a ford,... got to be on a lower branch of the evolution tree. :) and for all you ford drivers. be quiet!. its a joke!

have not heard that in a while....8)

I heard that at the car show last weekend... same guy told me I need a ceramic carb spacer... no kidding!

I didn't even have to be there Spaz and know some people have a smart *** mouth anyways... then add cursing in front of a lady to it ... then that's totally uncalled for. I would have asked him "You cuss like that in front of your mom?" He most likely would have said "No" then I'd say "Well what gives you the right do that in front of my wife?"

Yeah idiots need to watch the language in front of women & kids.

I have a sixpack in my barracuda, but nobody has ever asked that question. Don't think too many even know what it is.

I have a big 340 callout on my front fender, and get asked if its a 383. Can't read I guess. Oh, and the NICE MUSTANG comments...grrr. All of the emblems are on the car.

damn if you lived in a big city you,d get tired of kicking ***. Seems like rude people are a way of life. **** doesnt bother me but i will shut up someone that uses the f word. I,m just happy when someone takes interest in my car. You,ve got the wrong car if you dont want attention.

I Had a young guy at a red light few years back ask me "What do you have in there about a 350" thought that was funny...ya about :geek:

I do think the good outweighs the bad. The young kids make the biggest fuss. They are usually all smiles, and yell cool car. It'll even out Spaz. Just ignore the clueless, or better yet humour them. 8)

I get alittle pissed when guys say..nice Valiant,it,s a 66 Dart from Alabama.(they,re called Valiants up here in Canada)So I just point at the fender where it says D A R T.Then it,s like OH it,s a Dart.Then comes all the other stupid questions.

I don't know how many people come up and ask me "what kind of car is that?" You'd think the Barracuda fish emblem would give them some kind of clue or the big shiny letters that say "Barracuda". I imagine I'll get even more of that when the Valiant is done. When we were towing her home from Indiana, people would crowd around her whenever we stopped and try to figure out what country she came from.

damn if you lived in a big city you,d get tired of kicking ***. Seems like rude people are a way of life. **** doesnt bother me but i will shut up someone that uses the f word. I,m just happy when someone takes interest in my car. You,ve got the wrong car if you dont want attention.

That's why I moved out of Houston to a small town in the mountains of Northern Utah. I was getting in too much trouble and stupid people were pissing me off. I'm much better now. The move totally changed my life. Married a nice local girl and have a great family. I actually like the drive to work and the people I work with.

Years ago I was cruising around in my Duster with some friends when a kid in a 67-68 Lemans pulled up and wanted to race. I blew him away 3 consecutive lights, thought he wasn't ready the first 2 times. He pulls up next to me and asks what I had. I told him a 318 2bbl. He says " yeh, I got a Hemi and all I do is spin my tires." My brother knew the kid and had already warned me he was a complete idiot. As I said I blew him away big time with a 318 with a soft-shifting auto trans and 2.76 rear with bias ply snow tires. The next few weeks I would only see him once and he would park his car the rest of the night.

haha thats like the other day had the shop door open workin on the duster and some guy pulls up in a 2003ish mustang gets out "hey man thats a nice car there u do any body work" i said nah just hobby project he said "wut is it" i said 1971 plymouth duster then he replied "mustang??" i replied very sacasticly yep thats right i said mustang" lol

haha thats like the other day had the shop door open workin on the duster and some guy pulls up in a 2003ish mustang gets out "hey man thats a nice car there u do any body work" i said nah just hobby project he said "wut is it" i said 1971 plymouth duster then he replied "mustang??" i replied very sacasticly yep thats right i said mustang" lol[/QUOTE

At least he did not ask if it was a nova. Most people think a duster looks like a nova? I guess its like Mama said... stupid is as stupid does........ Go get um cudaspaz!
Matt

I get alittle pissed when guys say..nice Valiant,it,s a 66 Dart from Alabama.(they,re called Valiants up here in Canada)So I just point at the fender where it says D A R T.Then it,s like OH it,s a Dart.Then comes all the other stupid questions.

at least they didint call it a nova

Ya know, I've always been good at flipping that kinda language on and off depending on the situation. I can cuss up a storm that would make Tony Soprano blush or not say a bad word all day.
My parents are Christians and I never cuss around them. When some of my friends would come over, I'd ask them too go easy on those words too. That was usually met with a comment like, "whaddya scared of your parents?" To which I'd say, "I don't cuss around them because I'm scared of them. I watch what I say because it offends them and I have alot of RESPECT for my parents and their beliefs." My friends would just stare at me like a deer caught in the headlight. They didn't know what to make of that.

When I worked in a high tech fiber optics facility, I worked with alot of Asian women. Did I mention I love Asian women? Anyways, these ladies (all married... darn) never got mad or cursed or caused a fuss. They just did their jobs quietly working away. I was the only one who would watch my language around them - also out of respect. Every other guy, from managers and engineers to regular workers, would just walk over and start a conversation dropping the "F" bomb at will. One lady would ask them to not swear. That would last all of 30 seconds and then they'd start eff this and eff that. No effing way. That's eff'ing awesome dude. It would go on and on. I felt sorry for the ladies that had to hear that 8 hours a day. Even when I'd say something about watching their potty mouths, it would fall on deaf ears.

Same thing goes for swearing around the kiddies. I just don't do it. Period. I'm just surprised at how many parents I know that curse the walls blue around their kids or someone else's kids. Then there's the kids themselves that curse up a storm in front of their parents. I guess that's what happens when adults tell me they don't want to be a strict parent like their parents were. They would rather be their kids' "friend" instead. Ya, well, I guess that's why your kids treat you like their friend and have no respect for you at all. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

ok rant mode off. take some meds.... it's all better now. :-D

Wylde. (even if I'm a little "old fashioned")

^ totally agree. I am the same way. Working in maintenance every one curses, including myself. Around my wife I do, but not in front of my son. Unless he really screws up. My wife says he thinks his name is dammitboy. But I don't do it around people I don't know (especially women), or my grandma. I'm a grown *** man, but I'll watch my language and put out my cigarette when grandmas around.

Getting some gas in the cuda today with the Wife.

We were both at the pump trying to figure out why it was not taking my credit card and some yahoo rolls up behind me in a ford explorer.

He say's "That thing gotta six pack!"

I said "Nope, don't need the extra 2 bbls."

He says "Awww **** man, it say's cuda on the side, it oughtta have a six pack in it."

Now I'm pissed because he swore in front of my Wife.

I said "Your truck says Ford on the front, does that mean you have a 427 and a four speed?"

He looks at me puzzled for a second, then spins around and walks into the convenient store without saying another word.

Dumbass.

Grace mon, Grace....
poor misguided "web racer" was just trying to live vicariously through
your ride.

however....lack of respect for the Ms. (swearing) all bets are off there. :-D

So I thought this post was funny before, now I feel the pain. I was at the mall with a friend of mine and he stops at the AT&T kiosk and starts looking at new phones. My buddy says he's a little tough on phones to the sales guy, he asks why, he says because I'm around solvents and paint all day long, he's a car painter. I have a Samsung Eternity which my buddy was looking at and I have a picture of my 68 formula S as my wallpaper. So the sales guy sees the picture of my car on my phone and do you know what he asks me, "that got a six pack in it"??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had two old guys at the Dary Queen ask me why I put them scoops on my Dart. I told them it came from the factory that way. I don't think they beleved me. LOL

I will never understand why people get uptight over comments from strangers. I built my car(69 B'cuda FB) knowing it is different. I don't expect a lot of people to know much about them.If I get the "shoulda done this or that" I just say..."well maybe some day". As far as cussing in front of the wife.....well she's a manager at a foundry(2nd in command,worked her way from the mailroom) so she's heard it before. If she don't like what you say,SHE will let you know!! I don't have to "protect" her,she takes care of herself just fine! One of the things I love about her!!!!

-
Back