NY Newbie

-

68Valiant

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. My name is Russ from NY. I am new to the A-body scene having owned mostly B-bodies and an F body or two. My car, a 68 Valiant 4 door, needs quite a bit of work to be road worthy but I have gotten the engine running thus far. Thanks for having me!

Russ

Welcome to the site Russ. Hope you enjoy :headbang:

pic4.JPG

Welcome Russ!! glad you found this grait site,
If I new about this site 2year's ago I woud have bilt my car a bit faster with less $$
take a look around and these guy's like pic of your car's,If you need any help,just ask. Injoy Happy holiday

merkel1.jpg

68Valiant said:
Hello guys and gals. My name is Russ from NY.....

Welcome to the site! Good people and plenty of knowledge...plus a few smart asses. ;)

Where in Nu Yawk you from? I currently reside in Bayside, Queens.

FASTBACK340 said:
Welcome to the site! Good people and plenty of knowledge...plus a few smart asses. ;)

Where in Nu Yawk you from? I currently reside in Bayside, Queens.
What John said ^ ^ ^ ^
Welcome.
So Where you at in this lovely state of taxation?

Mopower71 said:
I see
Somewhere near
Ridgewood, FLUSHING,
GLENDALE, NY

If your trying to locate where I live Flushing is my actual address. I live in a sub-section of Bayside which is a sub-section of Flushing. My area is actually called Auburndale, but no one knows where it is.... It's like 2 miles from Shea Stadium (home of the NY Mets....)

Nope
I was looking at 68Valiant's zip code.
You guys must be neighbors.
Driven around Shea a few time, looking for a way back on to the highway, Probably have been by your house.

Yep guys, I am from Glendale- what we call the "good side of Ridgewood". Many of us Glendalites still consider Ridgewood a part of Brooklyn! :twisted:

Russ

My grandad used to live in Glendale for a spell. Had some co-workers from there. Party out there on some weekends.
You should put your location under your name. Saves time in us asking. He he he.

Once spring rolls around, we'll all meet up.

rumblefish360 said:
You should put your location under your name. Saves time in us asking. He he he.

I agree. Just as soon as I get around to doing up my profile.

Once spring rolls around we will all meet up

Sounds great! I should have my car road worthy by then!

Russ

68Valiant said:
Hello guys and gals. My name is Russ from NY. I am new to the A-body scene having owned mostly B-bodies and an F body or two. My car, a 68 Valiant 4 door, needs quite a bit of work to be road worthy but I have gotten the engine running thus far. Thanks for having me!

Russ

THis is a great site. I have been out of A body mopars since I got rid of my 69 Dart GT in 72 and my 72 Demon 340 in 1985. Got back in this year with my 440 Dart GTS and this site has been invaluable.

Where in NY is Glendale? Is that Long Island?

Chas

chasb said:
Where in NY is Glendale? Is that Long Island?
Chas

Yes. Queens County.
I always liked the A-bodies but seemed to always get involved with the B-bodies. Here is a pic of my 1971 Charger. I just sold this 2 months ago and it was my daily driver for 10 of the 16 years that I owned it. If I wouldn't have gotten rid of it, I wouldn't have wound up with an A body though!

charger6.jpg

Russ

Thanks for the welcome Lostsheep (love the Dukes reference). I have family in both Acworth and Powder Springs. I love your Dart. Mine is slantified too.

Russ

68Valiant said:
Yep guys, I am from Glendale- what we call the "good side of Ridgewood". Many of us Glendalites still consider Ridgewood a part of Brooklyn! :twisted:

Russ

That's funny... I'm from "the OTHER side" of Ridgewood! I lived on DeKalb between Irving & Knickerbocker & I was born at Wyckoff Heights hospital. I was recently just over there for the first time in over 30 yrs. to see the old apartment building I grew up in. VERY different from what I remembered!

Glendale, huh? Next time I run over to guitar center in L.I.C. I should pop by....

FASTBACK340 said:
That's funny... I'm from "the OTHER side" of Ridgewood! I lived on DeKalb between Irving & Knickerbocker & I was born at Wyckoff Heights hospital. I was recently just over there for the first time in over 30 yrs. to see the old apartment building I grew up in. VERY different from what I remembered!

Glendale, huh? Next time I run over to guitar center in L.I.C. I should pop by....

You are welcome anytime, just give me a heads up to make sure that I am not working! Yeah, my grandma used to walk me up Knickerbocker in the early 70's to do her shopping (We used to live on 60th Lane and Cypress). It was still very much a German neighborhood back then and you could literally eat off the sidewalks. When I first started in the Post office a few years back, I delivered up Knickerbocker. It is not the same neighborhood anymore. All the ma and pop shops are gone, replaced by 99 cent stores, bodegas , banks , drug stores and drug spots.

Russ

-
Back