NYC Lingo

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
After reading the "Redneck" thread, I thought some folks might have some commom lingo from New York City,.only cause my oldest is coming up to get away for a bit,...

Gidotadare = If yous don gidotadare (get out of there), I'm callin da cops...

Fuhgetaboudit = (classic), If yous think I'm gonna pay dat, yous can fuhgedaboudit...

Youts = Dos youts ovahdare are messin up da street...

Yous = you

Da Bronx

Joisey = I godda couzin ovah in Joisey

Tawkin = yous tawkin to me?

How many New Yorkers does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer..

What da I look like...a F@&king accountant?

After reading the "Redneck" thread, I thought some folks might have some commom lingo from New York City,.only cause my oldest is coming up to get away for a bit,...

Gidotadare = If yous don gidotadare (get out of there), I'm callin da cops...

Fuhgetaboudit = (classic), If yous think I'm gonna pay dat, yous can fuhgedaboudit...

Youts = Dos youts ovahdare are messin up da street...

Yous = you

Da Bronx

Joisey = I godda couzin ovah in Joisey

Tawkin = yous tawkin to me?

Leave it to a Ct. guy to scew it up....:violent1: (justkiddin with ya.)

Gidotadare = GeAuttada

Youts = say it just like what a young/baby goat is. Ut's. Refurs to Youths

Yous (or simpley U's) = You guys, much like a southerner say's You all = Ya'll. In which that may be misspelled. I ain't a southerner.:thumblef:

Da Bronx - self explanatory.:bball:

Tawkin = talking. The example was really good though. :hello1:

Joisey = The Garden State, New Jersey. Mid and southern are beautiful. Northern may be a bit to city for you southern folk.

Let's not forget the famous L.I. twist of nasal/potato in throat. LawnGuylnd = Long Island. ;)

Cawfee = Coffee Say it like "Caw" the bird call (crow) and then simply "fee" just relaxed and lower.

Dawg = Dog. As in Hot Dog or your pet, it is the same.

AND, of course, the #1 word, not words and not properly spelled either Fuhgetaboudit is a one word cover it all saying/word that defies a one explaination but will cover a whole lotta stuff, ja-know waddaImean?

:la: Lugnut, Excellent, I love it!

Har Har, Typical New Yorker,...Never happy, Always better,...Sorry, My New York-ese is a bit rusty since I left Hells Kitchen back in 2001,..

Do Lawnguylinders eat Sangwiches???

Caw faya = car fare, meaning not only taxi fare but even a plane ticket i.e. 'How much is the caw faya to Cancun this time a-yee-ah?'

And from what country is that one from? LOL!

And from what country is that one from? LOL!

My New York Italian friend axed me about caw faya to Cancun. Maybe I'm mistaking a peculiar thing she says for NY Lingo...but she has a heavy Brooklyn accent. The way she talks is like a comedy routine...

I always get laughed at for saying warder and always ask if they ever seen early westerns where a guy is crawling in the desert as he says warder, warder, he doesn't say Water, water. Anyways dat's my story. Here in Oregon they ask how long I been out west and I tell them I am a native Oregonian born and raised in Nu Yawk City, that's impossible so I tell'm I'm a born again native :)

-
Back