Nylon Seat Spacers

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
Alrighty, another one of these quetions that I'll get an answer both ways.. I bought and used the nylon 1" spacers that go under the front seat and space the seat 1" from the floor of my Duster. Heres the question do ya really need them? My seat seems/appears to sit higher, and add the fact I just recovered it with vinyl from Legendary and added an 1" of foam, it Really seems higher. Has anyone not used them and just used some flat washers? Or does everybody use them and no one says anything.. Any insight would sure help..

I don't have any in my 69 Dart with buckets.....mainly because they're quite expensive, but at 5' 6" tall I sure can use a set! LOL
No problem using flat washers to space the seat up.

George

I always remove them, because at 6'3, I need all the headroom I can get.

In fact...I HATE them with bloody passion!!

Until 1967 the bucket seat bases had height angle adjustments built in. From 67 up the only way to adjust height or angle was with those spacers.

So of I remove the front 2 I should tilt it forward ( I hope) and have no problems. I guess my only question is. What does everyone use to keep moisture out of the holes. Rubber washers, silicone, ????

The nuts that go under the car cover the holes well enough if they are the correct nuts. Rusted studs are more common than floor pan rust in this area.

-
Back