OD trans differences

-

racingsnake440

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the tail housing and output shaft from an OD a833 on a regular a833? I can get a van OD trans cheap and would like to use the tailhousing and output shaft to convert an A body trans for use in a B body. Obviously the gears from the A body trans would need to be switched over onto the OD trans output shaft.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

you have to use the larger rear bearing with it but yes it works, Remember it is a b/e body piece. you can use the 1-2 slider assembly as it is the same and they have steel shift forks. the forks need the tits cut off with a dremel. but they are steel and don't break. EVERTHING ELSE IS JUNK. If you want to use the OVD gears you need to put them in the cast iron case w/counter shaft gears as a assembly. The aluminum case is scrap. It is not bushed and it gets worn/hot expands and boom.........

Thanks for the info. Sorry if I'm being stupid but not sure if you're saying the output shaft is usable or not. I don't want to use the overdrive gears just convert a short tailshaft a833 into a long tailshaft one.

thanks again

were are you located?
I was trying to tell you that the output/mainshaft is different. If you do not use the OVD gears you need to get a different mainshaft/output shaft. The tailshaft will work

-
Back