odd ball brakes

-

jackfarewell

Reaction score
I'm trying to convert my 73 scamp to disc brakes, and I thought you had to change upper conrol arm , ball joints etc.
But my car had identical ball joint control arm, etc. so I moving on to the master cyl. and prop. valve and the master cyl. looks just like the disc brake one I just bought. Does anyone know if I have to change m/c and prop valve,and has anyone else run into these kind of cars?

i always thought 73-76 a-bodies had big bolt patterns

jackfarewell said:
I'm trying to convert my 73 scamp to disc brakes, and I thought you had to change upper conrol arm , ball joints etc.
But my car had identical ball joint control arm, etc. so I moving on to the master cyl. and prop. valve and the master cyl. looks just like the disc brake one I just bought. Does anyone know if I have to change m/c and prop valve,and has anyone else run into these kind of cars?

i always thought 73-76 a-bodies had big bolt patterns

LB pattern, Not if you have drums "only discs" Here a link that will save some time and typing. :salut:

http://www.autohobbydigest.com/a-brake.html

you know i found it funny reading my bendix catalog and it stating the same master cylinder part # for disc and drum in those years. your valve needs to be changed to a proportioning valve instead of a distribution block.

73-'76 A bodies with disc OR drum used the same upper control arm.

I've NEVER swapped the "proportioning valve" onto the drum brake cars and it's never caused me a problem in braking effectiveness.

Mark.

no, the spindles are different, but the upper control arms are the same. the disc spindle will have 2 holes at the 11:00 and/or 1:00 position for the caliper.

-
Back