Odd Question

-

grassy

Reaction score
Our Duster's clamp on the neg post of our battery keeps coming loose..any ideas ?? It is on at tight as I can make it .

Ian.

I have rigged up a temp fix by inserting a number six finish nail in between the post and the clamp.... tightened up tight after that. I did however replace the terminal.

I have rigged up a temp fix by inserting a number six finish nail in between the post and the clamp.... tightened up tight after that. I did however replace the terminal.

I have used an 1 1/4" galvanized screw.. voila- fixed for free.

Oh my god nails? Go to autozone in the battery cable section and they have caps that go over your battery posts and they will solve your problem. Please stay away form the 1960 fix it nail idea. For less than 3.00 you solve the problem and you never know they are there. Have a great summer. Nails and hammers don't solve automotive problems!!!!!!

Oh my god nails? Go to autozone in the battery cable section and they have caps that go over your battery posts and they will solve your problem. Please stay away form the 1960 fix it nail idea. For less than 3.00 you solve the problem and you never know they are there. Have a great summer. Nails and hammers don't solve automotive problems!!!!!!

I said temp fix and that I did replace the terminal. You make it sound like it stayed that way in which that is not the case. It was on a old work van years ago and we was stranded on the side of the road. I wouldn't even use the caps on a lawnmower.

Thanks..I will go into Uap and pick up one of the caps..didn't even now they made such a piece.

thanks
Ian.

:stop:don't buy those caps like was mentioned.

Do it the right way and buy new terminal ends...it will cost you like $5.00 and 5 minutes of your time, don't chinse out.

your terminals are just old and stretched out, fix it the right way.

-
Back