Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need model car parts!I am building a 71 GTX for my dad for xmas as a
replica of his and i need the double bulge hood.My kit came w/the
air grabber hood.Also looking for BF Goodrich tires and a dual snorkel
air cleaner.Will buy a complete kit if needed or if anyone knows where
to buy new,been searching internet for ever.Thanks!

You might try posting on a site such as Scale Auto Enthusiast or Car Modeler. I used to build a lot of cars and there were a ton of home brew resin casting companies that made some pretty unique stuff. Also the tires may or may not fit the rims you have so you need to specify who made the kit that your rims came out of.

What brand is the kit you have?monogram amt ? I don't have the hood, and you can glue an extra snorkel on the air cleaner you have,I might have the tires,can we get some pic's of the project ?

Ok may have the air cleaner found.Still really need a hood.Heres the pics.
Need exhuast tips too,that may be asking too much.

GTX.jpg

GTX3.jpg

GTX7.jpg

GTX5.jpg

EXHUAST.jpg

GTX6.jpg

MODEL.jpg

Your dad is lucky to have a son that cares enough to play to his passions in live. They are always saying, "It's the thought that counts" and in this case they are right but you are going the extra mile to get it right. If I were your dad, I would be proud.

wow my favorite year and body b body nice! Keep the pics of the model build coming

I may have an unopened kit here I will have to see what is in it and get back to you. How soon do you need it. Shipping from here may be the kicker though!

Was going to say to get a Monogram kit. I built one years ago, had a 71gtx same color as your dad's except with gold interior.

I may have an unopened kit here I will have to see what is in it and get back to you. How soon do you need it. Shipping from here may be the kicker though!

Probably in the next few weeks.Your right on the shipping,i had an envelope
Jack shipped me a while back less than a pound and it was spendy!

Update!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Thanks to DartDad Too i now have the hood,tires and the correct decals i
forgot to ask about but he knew and sent them.Thank you DartDad Too,i
probably would have gave up on this had you not had the parts.And as
a better guy yet,he wasnt worried about money.No good deed goes unpaid!

Good to here you got what you needed. I looked in my stash of stuff but only had the kit with the Air Grabber hood.

Be shure to put up picks of it when you are done.

Thanks for checking Burntorange,hale the power of FABO!I couldnt pay for the help i have gotten from here for nothin!Good people,thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back