Not open for further replies.

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Guys,

I have an OEM twin snorkel scoop from a 73 Dart Sport that I'm looking to trade for the earlier style "Flat hood" scoop. My scoop is in amazing shape. High detail pics on request. Only looking for a trade at this time. Thanks

Graeme

There are 2 types that look similar.....one for the flat hoods(which is what I am looking for) and this one which is for the hoods that have the raised center.

The below answer i had taken off a thread, that was talked about last year, about two different dual snorkel scoops , but no one was ever able to come up with another part # from Chrysler .I personally have four of these and all have the same part# 3573698, so my mind is made up there was only one, until i see another part number.

this thread will help answer some common questions reguarding this dual scoop. this is a factory scoop. the measurements are taken from my car. it is a factory scoop installed by ma mopar. first the pictures of what scoop we are talking about....these scoops came on 1972 demons and 73 dart sports only! many people man say differently about their car, but these factory installed scoops were never available for the duster or 74, 75, or 76 dart sport. if it has one, it then it was added later plain and simple. remember these cars were being sold as economy cars so chrysler was toneing down the performance image..

The two scoops are identical. It is the front lower section that unscrews with 4 screws that is different. 72 demon was flat across the underside in the front. 73 dart sport had the beak in the lower front. The 73 is a bolt on on a 69 - 72 valiant, Scamp and Duster. The 72 Demon will bolt on the 73-76 Duster or any flat hood. I have a 73 sport hood on my Duster. I did not have to do any mods to the scoop accept for the front center stud base.

Attachments

• spoiler pics 665.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 901
  • spoiler pics 661.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 921
Here is a 1972 Demon 340 snorkel hood scoop, it is a 1-year only scoop with the flat bottom at the front. I had a Dart Sport snorkel scoop as well, the base at the front was curved to meet the hood better.....there is a difference. The scoop itself is the same...but, the under side of the front unbolts and they can be changed, this is where they are different!

I wish I took pics of the part numbers or took them apart but never thought of it. I have pics of the 73 scoop somewhere, i'll see if I can find them.

Attachments

• DSC08715.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC08712.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 613
  • DSC08713.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 570
Here is a 1972 Demon 340 snorkel hood scoop, it is a 1-year only scoop with the flat bottom at the front. I had a Dart Sport snorkel scoop as well, the base at the front was curved to meet the hood better.....there is a difference. The scoop itself is the same...but, the under side of the front unbolts and they can be changed, this is where they are different!

I wish I took pics of the part numbers or took them apart but never thought of it. I have pics of the 73 scoop somewhere, i'll see if I can find them.

So what part# do you have for yours , if there is two different scoops there has got to be two part #,s you would think .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back