OEM Muffler Dart Swinger 340

-

j340lm

Reaction score
I've had Maremont mufflers on it since the late 70's when I pulled the Hookers off and went back to full exhaust. In fact its still muffler clamps on all the connections (still have boxes of them) thats how old it is. The driver side one needs attention. I can try JB Weld paste but that won't last. The car will probably go in after the fall for a instrument panel wiring problem and replacement of the heater core at one of the Restoration shops. And of course the new carb. I been able to find what I will need. The muffler is a brand new problem. Are there any actual OEM type Mufflers around without the Flowmaster kind of sound? Thinking way back when I had headers on I started with Cherry Bombs and then switched to Thrush, never ran a full exhaust with that set-up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

20240711_200414.jpg

Accurate exhaust sells factory style “D” mufflers for the stock appearing and sound. Not cheap but good stuff.
I believe they only sell Chrysler exhaust for factory style exhaust. Factory clamps too not Chineasum.
Syleng1

Accurate exhaust sells factory style “D” mufflers for the stock appearing and sound. Not cheap but good stuff.
I believe they only sell Chrysler exhaust for factory style exhaust. Factory clamps too not Chineasum.
Syleng1
Length 18", inlet / outlet both 2 !/4" looks Accurate is the choice. Price is about $80 more than the Maremonts in the late 70's. Thanks.

Length 18", inlet / outlet both 2 !/4" looks Accurate is the choice. Price is about $80 more than the Maremonts in the late 70's. Thanks.
You’re more than welcome. Glad I was able to help.

OEM type quiet, 18" oval case, 2.25 offset inlet, 2.25 center outlet, Walker 18141 or 17843 for around $40 through Summit Racing.

OEM type quiet, 18" oval case, 2.25 offset inlet, 2.25 center outlet, Walker 18141 or 17843 for around $40 through Summit Racing.
The only difference I see is in the width. Either 8.8 or 9.7" wide, the length is correct. I'll have to check wihich size is under there now. Price is more affordable than Accurate Exhaust so that helps. Thanks.
@j340lm Here is what I used when I had a muffler failure last year. Summit Racing SUM-631122-XL Summit Racing™ Turbo Mufflers | Summit Racing $65.00 each, kinda like a 2 for 1 sale.

Fit perfect, sound a little deeper than a stock muffler with no drone while driving at highway speeds and such.

Cliff Ramsdell
View attachment 1716287414View attachment 1716287415
That is really clean and looks good. Thanks for the part numbers.

-
Back