OER vs AMD door hinges

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am pricing a complete set of 69 Plymouth B-body door hinges for somebody and found ones that are apparently made by/for AMD and ones by/for OER. The AMD ones cost almost $100 more for the set. Has anybody had actual experience with these 2 sources. I'd love to save him $100, but not at the price of quality or longevity...

Don’t know, but there is member here that rebuilds hinges and his work is said to be top notch.

I have a set of OER A Body hinges on the shelf.

If anyone has a set of a body hinges from AMD we can do a photographic comparison.

I bought a set of AMD door hinges for a my 69 Charger, the metal is too soft, sent them back, and had my originals rebuilt.

Sounds like #moparleo is about to get a lot busier.
Syleng1

Very nice guy, easy to deal with, does good work and is reasonable.

I'm not a fan of anything OER, none of it fits right. That said I've never tried the hinges.

originals are not too difficult to rebuild but maybe that's not something
you guys would like to do.I think a bushing and pin kit for one complete
door (2 hinges) is 7 or 8 bucks

originals are not too difficult to rebuild but maybe that's not something
you guys would like to do.I think a bushing and pin kit for one complete
door (2 hinges) is 7 or 8 bucks
I agree. Mopar hinges are so easy to rebuild. The HELP kits at your parts store have the right pins and bushings. The uppers take 5 minutes to do. The lowers do not have bushings originally, so the holes need to be drilled out a bit larger for the bushing, and a bit of grinding is needed to add clearance for the bushings, but it is not hard to do at all.

I have a set of OER A Body hinges on the shelf.

If anyone has a set of a body hinges from AMD we can do a photographic comparison.

I believe I have new AMD hinges on the swinger, look and fit great.

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

-
Back