off set hanger question

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks
for years I ran the mopar off set spring kit but seemed to have problems so I have purchased dr. differentials off set kit and really like the front hanger idea of no drilling into the frame for the nut ,BUT I think the rear shackle brackets and bolts are not as strong as the mopar hanger. so can I use the old mopar off set shackle hanger with the new dr.'s front hanger?
I know one is 1/2" off set and the other is said to be 3/4" off set at the most.
thanks
terry

hi folks
for years I ran the mopar off set spring kit but seemed to have problems so I have purchased dr. differentials off set kit and really like the front hanger idea of no drilling into the frame for the nut ,BUT I think the rear shackle brackets and bolts are not as strong as the mopar hanger. so can I use the old mopar off set shackle hanger with the new dr.'s front hanger?
I know one is 1/2" off set and the other is said to be 3/4" off set at the most.
thanks
terry

if their not the same , I wouldn`t!

Yes you can. In fact, if you wanted, you could just use the stock rear hanger and shackle and just redrill one of the rear hanger holes and move them inward accordingly. Cass will even tell you this.

I have used the 1/2" offset on a couple of builds and always had to drill for the backside nut....

I looked at Dr Diffs.....how does he get around NOT drilling for the nut area??

The mopar kit doesn't actually offset the spring hanger 3/4" either. I have a set on my Duster and measured them compared to the stockers, the mopar kit really only moves the springs in a 1/2". You can use the mopar shackles with Dr. Diff's kit with no issues.

I have used the 1/2" offset on a couple of builds and always had to drill for the backside nut....

I looked at Dr Diffs.....how does he get around NOT drilling for the nut area??

He uses countersunk bolts that rest against the frame.

thanks guys I thought they would work .don't get me wrong I measured both mopar and dr.'s hangers and they are the same in thickness etc. it's just the center pins for the bushings are welded in place to the brackets, in stead of using bolts pushed thru both brackets. I just like the welded version.

-
Back