Off-set Spring question

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you use the off-set shackles on the ends of the springs, do you have to use the spring relocation kit for the fronts of them? In my opinion if you use just the shackles wouldn't it put the springs in a skew on the spring perches?? Or is just a way to gain a few fractions of an inch for tire clearance?
I have a set of springs that came with a rearend I bought and they came with off-sets on them. I have a local place that can rebuild the springs for less than buying them on the net but before I have them rebuilt I want to make sure I either stay with the original shackles and keep them straight or maybe the off-sets give me another option? Feed back definitely needed..
Thanks!

You have to move the perches inward due to the offset of the shackles. It will only give you .750" of clearance.

Yup, you have to use the entire kit. The offset hangers, perches and shackles. But "only" .750" of an inch is more than you think when trying to stuff some tire under your car.

Tim,

The front hangars should be offset as well. I've put a picture of the MP 3/4" relocaiton kit below. You can see how the mount studs are offset to one side.

I'm off today if you want to stop by and look at them.

Attachments

• DSCF3975-1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 152
Thanks for the picture! puts it in better perspective.. I think I'll stay with the originals, I already have new tires and descent Rally's on the car already... Would love to come over, but at work right now.. cant't make it.. You and I need to find some time after the Thanksgiving Holiday and try to get togethr and compare some notes...

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll have my rear suspension done by then.

-
Back