Off to Vegas

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Well its off to Vegas next week :roll: Gotta go and check on my house there since the guys that were living in it moved out. I'm gonna check out the job market while I'm there since its kinda slow here in Hawaii. If theres something interesting there then I won't have to rent the house out again, just move into it. If I do move there, I'll have some room if anyones going to Mopars at the strip or any other event in Vegas.

How long does it take to drive to Vegas from Hawaii? :D We'll have to call you HawaiiDusterbywayofLasVegas. Hope everything is in order when you get there.

HawaiiDuster said:
If I do move there, I'll have some room if anyones going to Mopars at the strip or any other event in Vegas.

Woa, I can see you needing room for about 50 of us LOL :farao:

If I gotta move up there, I'll find a place to fit everyone :shock: I can probably fit about 20 sleeping bags in the garage :D

Chad I'm only gonna be there for about 10 days and I need at least 7 days to get the house together. I don't think it'd be cost effective to fly down there for only 3 days. If I could have stretched it another week then it might be worthwhile. I gotta be back here on the 27th to work on a Porsche I had already scheduled.

thats cool just let me know your next trip so we can schedule your flight early
I got the flight all you have to do is get on the plane. Its winter here anyway and anything below 80 is to cold for you so we will make it this summer

Well I gotta move my trip back a week. A week ago I put in an application for a job at the new Wynn Hotel opening up this spring, just for the hell of it. Surprisingly they emailed me today that they were impressed with my application and want me to come in for an interview. They say they can see me on the 30th, but I was already scheduled to come back on the 26th. I know theres 1000s of people applying for the same job and my chances are slim, but I'm gonna try and change my flights to make the interview. If I get it, I get it and if I don't oh well no biggie. Now I definately have to wait till I get back before I buy that 69 Dart :(

HawaiiDuster said:
I know theres 1000s of people applying for the same job and my chances are slim, but I'm gonna try and change my flights to make the interview.

I didn't know that many people would wanna be Bell-hop! :geek: :wink:

Seriously though good luck with getting the job! :thumleft:

I wish I could get in as a Bell hop :lol: You'd be surprised how much money those guys make. I got asked to come in to interview for the beverage shift managers position. I wouldn't be surprised if the bellhops make more than I would :shock:

I've always been in the management end of business and when I was running nightclubs all the bartenders made more money than I did :roll: I had a few waitresses that would make at least $400 a night in tips :shock:

well if that doesnt work out come on down and i can hook you up swinging a hammwer :shock: Pay sucks, hours suck but it keeps you in shape.

I have no dobt that you will pull the job just go in and throw out the old Craig Charm and its in the bag. Good luck Bro.

I think I remember how to swing a hammer :D I'd probably end up with a bruised hand and fingers from missing the nails :lol:

Don't want to "charm" them too much, I'm still not sure if I really want to live in Vegas. But if the moneys right I'll live just about anywhere :geek: If I do live up there then I can get in on some of that free shipping from Summit and other vendors that offer it :D They always have the small print that says "except Hawaii and Alaska" on those offers :(

It'll have to be over $40K/yr if they want me to move. Thats still half of what I used to make but enough to cover my expenses. I'd take $36K/yr if they have monthly incentive bonuses or give me a decent relocation allowance (or if the job is really interesting/exciting :D )

Well I'm in Vegas and the pool at my house looks like a green swamp :roll: Pool guy said it'll cost $350 to drain, clean, refill, and set the chemical levels. On the upside I got a job offer from one of the top nightclubs here to be the a manager. I've only been here 2 days and still have the interview I came up here for on the 29th. I was at the club visiting some friends when I was asked if I would consider working there. I said I might consider it and later that night got a call that they fired the manager and would like to meet with me the next day. Well I went to see what they had to say and so far its about $38k/yr to start, $40k/yr after 90days, and incentives every 6 months of between $5k-$10. I told them I'd think about and they asked if I would start the process of getting all the clearances I needed to start work if I decide to take the job. So now I got to take a drug test, get a health clearance, have a backround check done, get my gaming commision card, and a couple of other things done. I need it to work anywhere up here so I guess I'll just get it out of the way sooner than I thought. This club just got voted the Best party place, best place to pick up girls, and the best DJ (who is the friend I'm staying with while I'm up here). I might just take the job for now since the other job I'm interviewing for at the soon to open Wynn Hotel won't be starting till April when the hotel open. Anyway sorry for rambling but it looks like I might be moving up here.

man I wish someone would offer me a job. I am happy as a pig in Shix fr you Craig. I have to get my shiX together and come that way. I also got you package and will let yu know how it works as soon as I have time to get it together. Drop me aline on Email and let me know how its going.

Well I'm back in Hawaii and got two weeks to pack up as much as I can then head back to Vegas. I'll be a manager at "The Beach" in Vegas directly across the street from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Now word on the Wynn Hotel job, but wouldn't start till April anyway. Hopefully things will go well I might be able to meet some of you at the next Mopars at the Strip :D

-
Back