Offenhauser single plane SB 360

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Has anyone ran this? I just picked up a edelbrock performer 318/360 but have always loved the look of the offy manifolds. I found one for 100$ but not sure how it would compare on a mild build 273.

Thanks,
Jake

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Pics????

:worthles:

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Offenhauser-5489-Low-Rise-Intake-360-Degree-Split-Single-Plane-SB-Mopar-/360938970667?nma=true&si=inYahaKujQMhbw7z6BpuTGn3wIo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557"]Offenhauser 5489 Low Rise Intake 360 Degree Split Single Plane SB Mopar | eBay[/ame]

If the intake has the 340/360 size ports, it may not work the best. The smaller intake ports in the heads will act as a restriction. Normally, it works ok. Chrysler did it from the factory on the 318 and they worked good. But I think the smaller 273 might not work as well. That is IF the intake has the larger ports. Without pictures and of measurements, it's hard to tell.

Yes, that appears to have the larger ports. While it will work, I think there are better options for small port heads.

If the intake has the 340/360 size ports, it may not work the best. The smaller intake ports in the heads will act as a restriction. Normally, it works ok. Chrysler did it from the factory on the 318 and they worked good. But I think the smaller 273 might not work as well. That is IF the intake has the larger ports. Without pictures and of measurements, it's hard to tell.

This is all ive got. looks similar to the ebay one.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4748369156.html

If you can get the part number and or port size that would help.

You have to be careful when using that offy as the spot faces for the bolts need a smaller outside diameter washer to fit inside the spot faces for the bolts. If you use too large of washers, it can cause problems.

If you can get the part number and or port size that would help.

The guy says he could find the part number but says the ports are 15/16 which is only 1/16 difference than my heads and i havent port match yet, so this sounds like a small port Offy.

What is the advantage/disadvantage to the single plane?

Jake

It's technically not a single plane or a dual plane. It's a mix of both. They were good intakes. The port height is the main difference though.

It's technically not a single plane or a dual plane. It's a mix of both. They were good intakes. The port height is the main difference though.

Oh, so top to bottom is more important than side to side measurement? I guess my next question is this going be the similar to the 318/360 performer? I am supposed to go pick it up after work and I figured it looks brand new and for only 100$ is still a good deal regardless.

Jake

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

No, it's a good bit better than the Performer. For that price, I would pick it up. Even if it ends up being the wrong port size, you can get your money back.

There called a split single plane and basically work the same.

-
Back