Status
Not open for further replies.

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I had bought a brand new Offenhauser Valve Cover for my car a couple of years ago through a group buy on another forum. I never used the valve cover. It is from an early die that has no PCV provisions but there is some info out there on how to set PCV up using this cover. Like I stated it is brand new. Only issue with the cover is a small scratch. As this is polished aluminum it can be polished out. As this and all the other valve covers like this one that were sold there is a bit of finish polishing needed in the valve cover bolt recesses anyhow so a little more on this scratch will have it looking perfect. These covers are out there on Ebay going for $140.00 plus shipping. For mine I would like $100.00 plus the ride from Illinois 60188. I will post a picture of this cover Monday night after work as im not home to get one posted now. Thanks for the interest.
Chas,

(soon to follow, an offy 4 bbl slant manifold, a set of Hooker Super Comp slant hedders and a nice Holley 390 4bbl)

If yours needs only "a bit more polishing in the bolt recesses," then you got a nicer valve cover than the ones I've seen from that same group buy. To me, they look like they made maybe 3 or 4 passes on the buffer, tossed them in a box and shipped them out. Glad you got a good one. Best of luck for a quick sale!

Bob, it looks like you've got one of the originals versus the "group buy" resurrections. Nice job on the mods too.

Here is some pics of the valve cover. Bottom picture is the scratch. It is shallow but it is there just the same. Like I stated. This has never been used.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 823
  • 008.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 838
  • 010.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 011.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 795
  • 013.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 824
Here is some pics of the 390 Holley.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 810
  • 015.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 821
  • 017.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 822
  • 018.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 822
  • 019.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 797
  • 021.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 808
Pictures of hedders and 4 bbl intake will be posted soon. Long tube Hooker Super Comps with no dents or smashed tubes and An Offenhauser 4 bbl intake with carb plate.

Definitely take the Valve cover and interested in the Holley.Pm me.
Thanks,
Martin

Thanks Don! I love the nearly matching flyswatter and Sublime candles by the way ... a true Mopar guy to the bone, eh?? :-D I already know the answer to that one my friend. Thanks for doing all you do.

Right now Martin is working with me on the carb and the valve cover. I will update on the availabilty on these this weekend as I just got home from yet another road run and am now just getting into my PM box and getting shipping quotes on parts. I will post pictures of the parts I have available still. Looks like the hedders will be avilable and so will the intake. $175.00 on the hedders and $125.00 on the intake. Check back for pics. thanks!!
Chas.

The carb may be sold. I am awaiting a reply and will update as soon as I know the info. At this point the hedders may be the only items left before weeks end as I am dealing with interested parties and getting shipping numbers for them. The hedders can be shipped but this might be a tad pricey?? I am not sure on that though. I have figured out a way to get them in one box neatly and get the box to a decent size so maybe no extra fees for oversize! Thanks.
Chas

Carb and Valve cover have been packed and taken to weigh and the interested party has the info on shipping etc. I am awaiting a response from him on how to proceed. As for the hedders and intake These have been pulled off the motor and will be boxed to get a quote as two seperate parties have an interest and will be getting an update as soon as Tuesday night on shipping costs and I will have a better idea on any availability after I know how these gentlemen want to proceed with the deals. I will update as soon as I know something. Thanks for the interest.
(Pictures of the hedders and intake will be posted Tuesday later in the day!!)
Chas.

Well, heavy rain kept me out late but I did get some time to get pics of the intake and hedders. The hedders are rusty but its pretty light. One picture shows one of the tubes up close and it shows smoothe metal. This was cleaned with a light wire brush in a couple of minutes. the rust on the rest of the hedders is as thick as this spot was and it cleaned up good. I could take a light brush to the entire pair and shoot some cheapo crap paint on it but I want you to see what these are like. In short, if you are not concerned about appearance bolt them up and go. If you want a decent look have them blasted and coated and they will look very nice. The pictures stink but I think you can see like I said. No dents, no flat tubes by the steering box or on the bottom like almost every other set I have seen.

The intake is dirty and will be cleaned up but its all there including the carb plate. One hole on the plate was thin on the threads and this one required a bolt going all the way through it. No biggie as you wont see it when the carb is on the intake and its on the car. If you are a perfectionist like me I would tap the hole a bit with a slightly larger tap and make a stud work correctly in the plate but thats me. Well, thats about it. I will get try to get some weights on this Wednesday after work. I do not have any kind of box for the hedders but do for the intake.
Chas.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 601
  • 023.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 605
  • 024.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 565
  • 028.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 567
  • 029.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 574
  • 022.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 558
Carb and Valve cover have been packed and taken to weigh and the interested party has the info on shipping etc. I am awaiting a response from him on how to proceed. As for the hedders and intake These have been pulled off the motor and will be boxed to get a quote as two seperate parties have an interest and will be getting an update as soon as Tuesday night on shipping costs and I will have a better idea on any availability after I know how these gentlemen want to proceed with the deals. I will update as soon as I know something. Thanks for the interest.
(Pictures of the hedders and intake will be posted Tuesday later in the day!!)
Chas.
Check your PM..I will take the Valve cover and carb,just need total and payment instructions.
Thanks,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back