offset shackles (how big a tire)

-
Thanks for the update.
I’m planning on 245/60x15 on 8” rims with 4 1/2” back space on my ‘66 Dart . I will have to make sure the clearance is there before mounting the tires on the rims . This will be on an 8 1/4” axle .

I currently have 205/65x15 on 7” rims on the rear 7 1/4” axle . Seems like this should work .

'66 is a whole different ball game, the early A's are very different from the '67-76 versions. If the 8.25" is an A-body version then with the perches at 43" a 4.5" backspace will put those tires very close to the springs. That's better than not having enough backspace though as you can correct with a thin spacer. As for how they fare on the quarters, well, it would be better to ask someone with an early A.

Dart abd Barracuda will be way different from each other. The Offset kit should move the spring just enough allow you to use the entire wheel well. You will not get a 10" rim in there with out jacking the rear up sky high. Other wise it will hit the quarter panel.

You should be able to get a 15X8" rim with 5.5" backspacing in it though. Look for a tire with around 10" of section width. That should be 9" of tread width.

If you want more you will need to mini tub it.

I hit the disagree button , on the barracuda part. I have 295 60 d15 `s in the fender well , w/ 3.5'' backspace , 10'' wide tread , wider side walls , but forgot how much.
Here is a pic before I lowered it ------second pic is 295 65 15 drag radials .
thumbnail.jpg
IMG_0137 (1).JPG

Not stock width rear end, lips rolled , clearanced inside wheel tub/hammer , offset spring hangars .

-
Back