Offset Spring Hanger Stud/Bolt

-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the odds of buying one of these studs/bolts?

20221022_173000.jpg

Two.......slim and none.

Best bet would be to buy a long-shouldered grade 8 bolt, then cut to length and weld it into your shackle bracket.

I used to fix stuff like this all the time when I was a kid working in a farm repair shop.

should be the same bolt as in a stock shackle (it goes through the same bushings). I have done just this before. Check the FSM for torque spec for the nut - it ain't much.

What is the function of these?
part of a kit to snug the spring hangers up against the frame and provide room for more wheel and tire. Moves the springs in ABOUT 3/4 of an inch on each side. The original ones were offered by Direct Connection but there are lots of different kits available now.

I found one that is 1/16" oversize on the diameter and does not press in. It fits a 66 Nova. Same lengths so I will drill the shackle for a .560 hole and tack weld the head
when its assembled. I also ordered the Novarubber bushings. I did not realize the bolt had a shoulder and it doesnt take much to snap it off. Thanks for all your comments.

1666788453782.png

Any guy with an engine lathe setup to cut threads could male that in 20-30 min. I would charge $35 at my shop if we were taking on new work.

Any guy with an engine lathe setup to cut threads could male that in 20-30 min. I would charge $35 at my shop if we were taking on new work.
Agreed. I made a new stud for the lower shock mount and welded it in. I can do it if you want.

-
Back