Oh happy day!

-
Looks great....A friend of mine bought a new 1969 Dart Swinger 340 that
same color with the white horizontal stripe.

That combo makes for a great looking Dart.....I like the vinyl roof also.

The paint has cured and the decal man did his thing last night. The Dart now has it`s original horizontal stripe on and we`re one step closer to returning her back to her August `67 appearance. I picked up some rechromed bumpers from Tri-City while I was at Carlisle this weekend so that`s next. Here`s a photo of the car with the stripe:

IM000243 (Small).JPG

Man Longgone...that sure does look nice.

My dad bought a GG1 1969 Dart Swinger 340 4-speed brand new in September 1969....his had a White bumble bee Swinger stripe....But I just felt compelled to tell you ...I think your GTS looks better than his Swinger!!!

Looks great Johnny. Wish I felt better I would have hung around and saw it in person. Also didnt want to be there if something was wrong. HA HA

Looks great Johnny. Wish I felt better I would have hung around and saw it in person. Also didnt want to be there if something was wrong. HA HA

Yeah they kept me there about 1.5 hours sanding and buffing spots they missed but it`s really starting to look good now.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Wait a minute Longgone!!!:smilebox:
I have to say congratulations bud.=D>=D>
You got another dandy A body,Job well dun sir.

I read the post about the fire next door and about freaked.:shaking2:
Glad everything ended up great.

Nice Nice Nice.:thumbrig:

Hey Longgone it looks real nice. It looks really straight and has a real deep finish. Great Job!

Hey Longgone it looks real nice. It looks really straight and has a real deep finish. Great Job!

Yeah, I`m happy with the body shop that did the work. It`s got like 5 coats of clear on it.........oh excuse me ,had 5 coats of clear on it. I think the body shop has sanded off at least two. Lol! They did a lot more sanding this time it was in the shop. The clear had built up around the holes for the sidemarkers and lettering so before they could put the decal/stripe on they had to sand more of it out. It`s finally getting close to completion though. :cheers:

Wow John I totally missed this thread. This looks amazing. Wish I could have gotten a good body shop like yours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the guy I'm thinking of using.

Back to the GTS. Freaking amazing. I love the color and the strip. Very nice work my friend.

Very nice I like I like. my GT came in the same color but I think I'm going to go with a Millennium Jade color that came on the Nissan Skyline in japan. It's a similar color but has a bit of a darker greyish tone to it.

that looks awesome longgone! i like the stock look youve kept it to. and to be honest i dont think ive seen that stripe in a loooong time!! it looks awesome though!

It's nice to see another car completed. It LOOOOOKS Great!!!! Wait, Are they ever completed?

-
Back