Oh no! Not another Aussie

-

hemi4bbl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just joined on to this forum after being tipped off by fellow Aussie A360, and am looking forward to getting involved in the forums. As you can imagine, the Aussie A bodies are the same in many ways but still totally different in others, so it will be good to be able to share some knowledge and hopefully you guys can answer some of my US A body queries.

I currently have 4 A bodies on the go as you'll see by my signature down the bottom, and I'll post some pictures as it's probably the best way to describe them:

First up is a 1971 VG Hardtop with a 265 hemi 6cyl

153tjx5.jpg

153uoug.jpg

Next is a 1969 VF Hardtop which runs a 318 V8

153usz6.jpg

My current project in the build is a 1968 VE Valiant Safari Wagon

153tua8.jpg

And my long term project is a 1976 Valiant Panelvan that I'll have to dig up some photos of.

Here's some more detailed info:

http://www.moparmarket.com/readersrides_view.php?user=hemi4bbl

Thanks for stopping by!

Simo

Well I'm off to a good start! Apologies for those couple of small photos, I'll post up the proper ones later today

** ALL FIXED **

Thanks

Simo

Welcome from The Land Down Under! That is a cool looking front end on the car going down the track! Almost looks like a charger in the front. These people here have a lot of good knowledge and are willing to help out.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby, my only real deviation from A bodies is a love of US '68 Charger's hence the Charger like grille I made and the '68 hubcaps I bought back from a trip to the US in 2000. It is a bit of a 'poorman's 68' as a real 68 Charger pulls big dollars over here (well, for me anyway!)

have fun

Simo

Welcome to the site. I just wish that Chrysler would of had the wagon
avalible here in the states. They would have sold a bunch. Would love to
get one to make a Duster wagon. Couldn't afford the shipping to get one
sent here to the states.

Australia is taking over the world through Beer and Valiants:razz:
Watch out we maybe living in street near you :evil2:

Cheers
:drinkers:
Benton

G'day Sid, thanks for that. Even up until about 5 years ago Valiants and parts in Oz could be bought very cheap and I'm lucky to have owned the 2 Hardtops for 15 years (6cyl) and 5 years (V8). The latest two I bought at reasonable prices mainly cos they both required a lot of work, cars that I wouldn't have been able to afford if I didn't already have a 15+ year collection of spares to get them back on the road.

We have a 'Club' rego too for cars over 30 years old, which makes it cheaper to pay that and keep using them now and then

have fun

Simo

It used to be the same here in Canada until a few years ago. Nobody even recogonized the old Valiants, and nobody wanted them. NOW try getting cheap parts for them..... NOT. :)

Fancy meeting you here

Attachments

• 1011636_801405436588380_9201447971651863697_n[1].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 56
-
Back