oh no!

-

Eds Dart

Reaction score
car has been running great even in heat. 2 weeks ago car slowed .05 lost 3 mph. got to looking and have water in oil. did a pressure test on cooling system, held 17 lbs for 2 hours, wth. committed to pulling eng. back car out of trailer and pulled up to garage door to open lower rad hose to drain water. come back in half hour to pull in and motor is locked up! pull plugs and no 8 full of water. at least I know where to look. its so hot today im just draining oil.

sure acts like a cracked cylinder, wont know till I have it apart. this block has 2 sleeves already. its 6 years old.

I stick to 360 blocks and they are so cheap around here I don’t even bother sleeving blocks. Throw them on the scrap pile and grab another one.

BUt you've already done SO MUCH MORE than most on here EVER DO. YOU DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM FIRST. Even if accidentally. Good for you!

My RB in my old car did that on #3. Pulled the heads..... nothing. Pulled the engine and stripped it down.... nothing. Honed the hole, threw it back together and raced it. Then one day it wouldn’t start. #3 again. Pulled the plug, cleared it out, raced it. Funny thing is that it wouldn’t do it all the time. Never polluted the oil... finally gave it a good dose of CRC Block Sealer. Lasted until I sold it years later.

-
Back