Ohhhh man this stinks. Updated

-
Oh man, that really sucks. We had a pretty bad wreck at our track last Thursday at a private track event. Guy was on a license pass with his just finished (and beautiful) 69 Dart GTS. He survived but broke 2 vertebrae.

Man that’s a shame.

I think (think!) there was a man named Ruggiero that street raced a very famous 505 powered Mustang II in the seventies (back when ANYTHING bigger than 454/455 was huge!). I wonder if they were related.

I would donate something if I could. I will say a prayer for his family instead.

I think (think!) there was a man named Ruggiero that street raced a very famous 505 powered Mustang II in the seventies (back when ANYTHING bigger than 454/455 was huge!). I wonder if they were related.

That I couldn’t tell you. Sorry to say I never met this young man. We have several groups at Keystone. The diehard 1/8 mile racers, the diehard 1/4 mile racers that run the once a month Nostalgia program, and of course the test n tuners. Test sessions are 1/4 mile but of course that means 1/8 mile racers would have their numbers on their ET slip not the scoreboard. Saturday was a make up for our big nostalgia program 1/4 mile but test n tune was also available with a private higher cost track rental early in the day.

That I couldn’t tell you. Sorry to say I never met this young man. We have several groups at Keystone. The diehard 1/8 mile racers, the diehard 1/4 mile racers that run the once a month Nostalgia program, and of course the test n tuners. Test sessions are 1/4 mile but of course that means 1/8 mile racers would have their numbers on their ET slip not the scoreboard. Saturday was a make up for our big nostalgia program 1/4 mile but test n tune was also available with a private higher cost track rental early in the day.
Did some research on motor trend. The man's name was Ruggierello, so not the same. The mustang was Sudden Death, Jack Roush built the engine, car was restored 40 years later.
Prayers for the family.

You guys may think I am morbid but this Man went out the way he wanted to and living the way he wanted to.

I pray that I go this way.

God speed.

You guys may think I am morbid but this Man went out the way he wanted to and living the way he wanted to.

I pray that I go this way.

God speed.

I’m the same way buddy. I limp walking into church and I limp at the track. The day I quit limping I’m dead. I’ve had a great life and I’m on extended time.

From our Keystone track photographer.

I don't find myself at a loss for words very often, but this is one of those times. This past Saturday at my local drag strip, my "happy place", there was a tragic accident that took the life of a local racer. While this wasn't a competition related accident, a major medical trauma seems to have been the cause, it still hit very close to home for everyone connected to the track, the sport of drag racing in general, and especially this young man's family and friends. I didn't know Ronnie Ruggiero personally, but I knew his truck... actually shooting quite a number of pictures of his '77 Ford "Iron Mistress" earlier in the day on Saturday. Ronnie leaves behind two young kids and his longtime girlfriend, their mom. I'm sure he also leaves behind a lot more family, friends and drag racing friends who are devastated with this life gone too soon. I offer my most sincere condolences, sympathy and prayers to all of them but especially his family. In the comments below I'll share a link to a GoFundMe page that was created to help take care of final expenses to spare the family of that burden. God speed, Ronnie...

IMG_9855.jpeg

IMG_9856.jpeg

IMG_9857.jpeg

-
Back