Oil Adapter Bolt Stretched?

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced a problem with their oil adapter, that it would not seal right despite using the appropriate mopar gasket set?

My mechanic and I have been fighting with it for some time now.

After the second time installing it and it still leaking I decided to give it to my mechanic to deal with, so everytime it starts leaking again I just go back to him and he "fixes" it. After him trying a couple of times, he decided that the sealing surface where the large gasket goes was warped, so he had the surface "Trued up". I am still experiencing leaking at the oil filter gasket!!

Now he suspects that we may need to replace the bolt, since it is hollow, it may have stretched from being over tightened?

Any thoughts?

3 gaskets right........if you overtighten it...it will leak as well....I can't find the torque spec on that...someone have it.....I don't think you need a new bolt...but I am not there...

I'm in the same boat. I bought a 90 degree oil filter adapter. The bolt must have been over tightened. Because there were NO leaking problems prior to installing the bolt.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a 90 degree oil filter adapter. The bolt must have been over tightened. Because there were NO leaking problems prior to installing the bolt.
Do your adaptors have ALL of these gaskets?

dcc-5249624ab_w.jpg

go to autoparts and get the thickest gasket material they have .cut one out and snug till you think its tight. do not overtighten. i used the same material on the bolt. 2 dollar fix.

Does anyone know where to buy a new bolt and gasket for a 90 degree oil filter adapter?

-
Back