-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Where is this oil coming from?

It builds up in the low spots of the intake manifold such as here for example:

0604mump10z1967fordmust.jpg

Both sides, left and right.

Replaced the valve cover gaskets. Replaced the PCV valve in case Im getting blow back, Going to replace the manifold gasket next. Any other ideas what is causing this?

Thats a Furd manifold, you need a mopar one...Ok, I'm a smart ***! Yeah, mine does collect some there. It's mostly dirt and crud on mine though. How well sealed is the front seal on the front lifter valley cover?

Its probably everywhere but just collects there. Common for intake front and rear rails to leak right at the corners.

It's coming up the intake bolt threads. I use liquid teflon sealer ont he bolt threads and they dont seep like that.

Could be coming out of the valve cover gaskets, as well. Someone somewhere on one of these boards discovered that Mopar VC head surfaces "ain't flat."

Cause you're runnin a **** for brains phord.

It's coming up the intake bolt threads. I use liquid teflon sealer ont he bolt threads and they dont seep like that.

Moper is EXACTLY correct.
No question about it.
Bigblocks suffer the same ailment.
Threads need to be cleean and then sealed as Moper has already stated.

Moper is EXACTLY correct.
No question about it.
Bigblocks suffer the same ailment.
Threads need to be cleean and then sealed as Moper has already stated.

Son of a gun, That would explain every Mopar I built getting that oil weep, cool!

Don't feel bad. It was taught to me. After 15 years of cleaning that oil out I still hadn't figured it out...lol.

Yep the 318 I just pulled out of my Dart did the same thing (not built by me). Learned that lesson back in high school. Drove me nuts till I figured it out!

Don't feel bad. It was taught to me. After 15 years of cleaning that oil out I still hadn't figured it out...lol.

I think that's how we ALL learnt.
It's so obvious that you seem to look for something more difficult until someone actually tells you.

-
Back