oil cap?

-

mopower440

Reaction score
The rubber gasket on my oil cap is hard and broken in 2 spots and leaking oil down my valve cover. Where can i get a replacement gasket or cap?
cap.jpg

Buy cheap cap.
Take washer off
Put it on your cap.

Works for gas caps too

Geez, repops are $15. Probably cheaper at Autozone.

Geez, repops are $15. Probably cheaper at Autozone.
Being an old engine, i didnt figure it would be at the parts houses. Thanks for the heads up everyone! Speaking of gas caps, the one on my car is in good shape and the rubber seal on it is also good, but the cap fits really loose..loose enough water could get down the fill tube. I have to tighten it all the way and then back it off a hair for it to be tight. If tighten it all the way, its loose. this is a '72 dart, like i said, the cap is in good shape and all and so is the fill tube. not sure why its like this. Anyone else ever see this?

Here is a good display about the different gas caps.
Dodge Dart gas cap.
Thank you man!! Looking at the picture that Halifaxhops posted, post #5, it looks like i may have a 1973-74 cap on min. I see the correct one for my '72 has a shallower center and the one on my car looks taller like that '72-74..I bet its got the later cap on it. Thanks for that post!!

Being an old engine, i didnt figure it would be at the parts houses. Thanks for the heads up everyone! Speaking of gas caps, the one on my car is in good shape and the rubber seal on it is also good, but the cap fits really loose..loose enough water could get down the fill tube. I have to tighten it all the way and then back it off a hair for it to be tight. If tighten it all the way, its loose. this is a '72 dart, like i said, the cap is in good shape and all and so is the fill tube. not sure why its like this. Anyone else ever see this?
U got the wrong year cap. Kim

-
Back