oil change

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
since my verter does not have a drain plug can I drain the pan and unhook the coil wire and crank the engine will this pump the oil in the verter to the pan to drain ?

thanks . drive thru .

You could go put it on a machine, as in pay a shop the 120.00, it'll pump in new while pulling out the old , gauge...or clear tube shows the color and a green light goes on when the fluid is sensed to be all new.

Let me know how the hose from the lines into buckets works, one with new fluid and one to catch the old, oh but make sure to find a nice shade tree to do this under...so you don't cook in the sun.

One guy used to fire it up and let it pump out. Whatever is in torque was filtered, so it will dilute the new oil with old. Been done for many years. The oil change shops that run the machine for swapping oil do not change the filter,so wasteful. Do fluid change and then dump oil to swap filter over a couple quarts of used oil in torque? If oil is dirty enough to cause concern its likely too late already.
I drop pan,weld in a drain bung,wash pan and replace filter. Reassemble and fill.

I doubt it'll pump anything out doing it that way. If the trans is working good and your just doing maint I'd just drop the pan, replace the filter and clean things up good assemble it and fill it with fluid

You could fire it up for a couple of seconds without any concern at all.
It will only pump out a little more though.

-
Back