Oil filter 90 degree adapter Vs stock oil filter plate

-
I was considering that, but does the extra length that the oil has to take for the oil to circulate though the filter cause issues? If not I think I'll just install one of those kits because like you mentioned they are cheap. Because those damn filters are hard to change with manifolds! I had some fun changing the oil on my 318 before I decided to throw a 360 in.

I was going to use a stock shorter filter (the Wix 51068 Del mentioned fit with my hooker headers) then a buddy gave me a relocation kit. I replaced the brass fittings with AN type fittings for easier R&R and better sealing and upgraded the hose size to 5/8" so there wouldn't be any restriction (the hose it came with was 1/2" which has an I.D. of 7/16). Have had it on my Cuda for 3 yrs. now (about 6000 miles) and run the crap out of it with no trouble at all. Runs low 12's so if it were going to be a problem it'd have already showed up.

Come to think of it I also de-burred the oil passages in the adapters and I drilled 4 more holes in the factory oil filter plate. Keeps the oil flowing smooth

If there are no issues with it I don't see the problem with running one on my dart! Like you guys did I will upgrade the hoses a bit for better flow. I'm pretty sure my uncle runs one on his, so I'll talk to him about how to do it. Should make oil changes a lot easier.

is there any difference between the cast angle adapter and the mopar performance alum one ? or just materiel.

If there are no issues with it I don't see the problem with running one on my dart! Like you guys did I will upgrade the hoses a bit for better flow. I'm pretty sure my uncle runs one on his, so I'll talk to him about how to do it. Should make oil changes a lot easier.

It definitely makes oil changes easier. When I got my car it had the 90* adapter and when you pulled the oil filter hot oil would spill right on the header. I have to wrap some shop towels around it now so it doesn't spill on the paint but that's really no big deal. At least it's not a potential fire problem.

FWIW I've used the 90* adapter for years and have never had an issue with it. Using both HIPO manifolds and now TTI headers.

-
Back